Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Ever hit the stalls at work when you don't even need to take a shit, just to get away from everything for a few minutes?

Reminds me of something I saw scratched on the wall of one of the restrooms I'd hit... I think it was in the music building, maybe the Six Pack, I'm not sure... it was a long time ago:

Some come here to sit and think

Some come here to shit and stink

I come here to scratch my balls

And write nutty poems on the walls

4 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Can anyone explain to me why people are putting pronouns on their resume? I just posted a listing looking for someone to do consulting work with me and I'm so confused. "Jane Doe - her/she". "Mike Smith they/their". What the fuck?

Option one- They are gender fluid/identify differently than their biological sex

Option two- They're trying to be respectful of those folks who fall under option one.

Option three- They're virtue signaling.

19 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Can anyone explain to me why people are putting pronouns on their resume? I just posted a listing looking for someone to do consulting work with me and I'm so confused. "Jane Doe - her/she". "Mike Smith they/their". What the fuck?

"Please don't hire me"

Did NASA or the Soviet space program ever think of sending dwarves or midgets or little people into space instead of...standard sized people?  That’d be less weight to put into orbit and capsules could’ve been smaller.
And thus smaller launch pads too...... Mini Pads
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Did NASA or the Soviet space program ever think of sending dwarves or midgets or little people into space instead of...standard sized people?  That’d be less weight to put into orbit and capsules could’ve been smaller.

No but the did consider these.

Seem very adapt to working in zero gravity.

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Check out The Right Stuff.  They considered several types of guys.  If you believe the film, Ike insisted on test pilots.

What would stop one from getting a bag full of $2.99/lb honey crisp apples and at the self checkout typing in the number for the on sale $0.99/lb galas? Are we all really working on the honor system? Are there people on the security cameras rooting this out? Seems like a very easy scam to get away with, if one were so inclined.

Edited by 'stache

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

What would stop one from getting a bag full of $2.99/lb honey crisp apples and at the self checkout typing in the number for the on sale $0.99/lb galas? Are we all really working on the honor system? Are there people on the security cameras rooting this out? Seems like a very easy scam to get away with, if one were so inclined.

I bought some apples the other day and it rang up the weight wrong (about 2 lbs of apples rang up for 0.1 lbs). Fuck 'em for their error. It's the cost of making me do their job for them.

On March 17, 2020 at 10:43 AM, 'stache said:

What would stop one from getting a bag full of $2.99/lb honey crisp apples and at the self checkout typing in the number for the on sale $0.99/lb galas? 

In my experience, nothing. I probably scam my grocer out of several dollars every year by engaging in that sort of practice. 

19 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

In my experience, nothing. I probably scam my grocer out of several dollars every year by engaging in that sort of practice. 

Cool, so not only are you an asshole

On 3/8/2020 at 3:58 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Amnesty shouldn't be granted to stupid questions asked in the random thoughts thread. 

For example: You're in a coma, you're not dead. Did you ever take a fucking biology class?

On 3/10/2020 at 2:53 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

It only you had a research tool literally at your fingertips that you could use to look that up. 

you’re also a thief.