Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

26 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm glad you're teaching your daughters that anyone who disagrees with them is a coward and should be disrespected.  That should serve them well later in life.

Hyperbole, much sweetheart?  My point was I posited this earlier this month here and on another site and got a half a dozen messages from internet tough guys saying that was disrespectful to the Flag and to the Military and to the Government.  I suspect probably some of the same people all butthurt about other flag decisions made by certain, nameless racing organizations earlier this week.  People that disagree with me aren't cowards, they are patriots.  People that don't understand my right to hang the flag for a nation in deep peril, those are the cowards.  

I don't teach my daughters to fear the dark, I raise them to fear those that can't see the light.  And we have tens of millions who have lost their way.  But you're right, this is for another thread.  Was just following some flag comments made above ours.  I'll hang up and listen.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

On Sunday, at the suggestion of my Navy veteran uncle (a dozen others in my family were as well, but most are dead now)...I will be hanging up the American Flag for Flag Day.  And I will be hanging it upside down according to 4 U.S. Code, Section 8 which allows for that in times of civic distress.  On Father's Day, I will hang the flag in the traditional manner out of respect for my late father and grandfather's service to the nation in the United States Navy.  On Independence Day, I will hang the flag in the traditional manner because no matter what's happening right now, we were a rebellion against an oppressive regime and we won.  

But Flag Day, my Flag goes upside down because of the rotting distress in my nation.  You have an issue with that, my daughters could use a good look at a real life coward so they know who to to avoid later in life.  So send a PM my way and know I'm protected by U.S. Code, you're protected only by your impotence and handgun collection. 

morgan freeman good luck GIF

I've been car shopping for a while. I commute 500 miles a week so I burn through used cars regularly. I have almost 200K on my current car and have been looking for a replacement. Found a low mileage one owner Lincoln MKS with a clean Carfax in Granbury so I made the trek, checked it out and made a deal. As we all know car deals move at the speed of molasses. While I'm sitting at the salesman's desk waiting on paperwork, he decided to get personal and share. Turns out 2 years ago he had colon cancer and had a 23 lb tumor removed... then he showed me photos of the operation including several closeups of the tumor.

W the actual F?

Fortunately the sun was blaring off cars in the lot and I'd put my sunglasses on so he didn't see my reaction. Why would you do that? Tell me the story... fine. I get that. Show me the bloody tumor in your bowel then resected in a basin. I didn't sign up for that. 

On the bright side I got a helluva deal on a 1 owner Lincoln. Alright, alright, alright. 

matt1.jpg?w=640

Edited by RPM

You ever walk around in your attic and step on a cat 5 cable with your left foot, then the cable goes between your flip flop and toes on your right foot, and you fall through the ceiling dislocating your left shoulder catching yourself so you don't fall 10 feet to planet earth? 
Just curious. 

On 6/11/2020 at 9:26 AM, markstanco said:

Rotator cuff surgury this past Tuesday at 7a.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Some real pain associated with it, it is tough to sleep.

Was just about to hit you up to see how you were doing.... it'll start getting better pretty quickly.

• Like 1

If a period of history is referred to as the 12th century or 15th century, I immediately think 1100’s or 1400’s. Does anyone mentally categorize periods of history by century or is everyone doing that same extremely simple conversion every time like me?

Edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez

If a period of history is referred to as the 12th century or 15th century, I immediately think 1100’s or 1400’s. Does anyone mentally categorize periods of history by century or is everyone doing that same extremely simple conversion every time like me?
I also do the date conversion. 15th century means nothing to me, but 1400s... I can name some things that happened then. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Date conversion like you.

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Voice to text errors. Was supposed to be "Link to granny's obituary". Came out as "Wank to granny's obituary". Did correct it before sending. 

Damn I hate it when that crap happens.  The more concisely I try to speak, the worse it comes out...fml

22 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

what do you mean "only about 4 inches"?

he's referring to total displacement vs horizontal displacement.  if you add the height to the total distance the 45 yard fg becomes a “45 yards and 4 inches fg” which is tiresome and unnecessary. 

On 6/16/2020 at 8:02 AM, PatrickMcHorn said:

I also do the date conversion. 15th century means nothing to me, but 1400s... I can name some things that happened then. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.

Me too. I still remember the rhyme my Dad taught me to remember the discovery of America:

In the year 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue. He went so fast he split his ass and shit all over his crew.

The first sentence was probably sufficient, but the second sentence was what made me remember.

CHIEF

On 6/16/2020 at 8:02 AM, PatrickMcHorn said:

Me too.

At this point, Derrick Chauvin has to be the most hated person in the world. Even by the racists. Half the shit happening now would most likely never bubbled up without his stupidity. Players revolting, statues  coming down, Nascar going woke, all because of this asshole.

He should be the front runner for Time's POTY. What asshole has made a bigger mark this year?

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

At this point, Derrick Chauvin has to be the most hated person in the world. Even by the racists. Half the shit happening now would most likely never bubbled up without his stupidity. Players revolting, statues  coming down, Nascar going woke, all because of this asshole.

He should be the front runner for Time's POTY. What asshole has made a bigger mark this year?

20200609_210251.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Yeah, that's a good point.  Time's Person of the Year was never meant to be an ego stroke for somebody popular, it was just supposed to the most tectonic influencer.  Maybe Doctor Wenliang from China.  But yeah, Chauvin is at this point the person who may have broken the World.  Obviously he was just one of more recent and egregious murderers of black men in a long line of notorious pieces of human shit.  But the jackass went and effectively posed for his own magazine cover while just smugly staring into the cell phone cameras with hands in pocket.  I mean the whole thing pretty much writes itself with photos and puts a bow on it at the end.  

Chauvin is also an interesting case study in that sometimes racists rally around someone who displays their value set even when it's unpopular.  But even those that share his ideals won't come to his aide.  But the reason for that is for a CR discussion.  

China's (fuck you China, wet market bastards) wealth and impact on the world economy is startling when considering they were a complete mess in the 1960's, after the Great Leap Forward.

60 fucking years.  That's all it took for them to go from that to where they are today.  I understand dirt cheap labor and a hard core centralized communist government helped it along, but JFC, 60 years is an incredibly short time for that transformation to happen.

If they can do that, what major transformation are we looking at in the next 60?

Random thoughts/