Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Bababooey don't get the big piece of chicken because he's a cuck.

All different colors of peppers, onions, lettuce, etc. all taste fairly similar, all pretty good.

Black and green olives, could there be any bigger disparity between two like vegetables?  Black olives are fantastic, greens are horrid.

Edited by mulletpelini
fuck you green olives

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I'm not a NARC or an Eco warrior but if your diesel car is puff puff puffing smoke like it's a goddamn steam train, or especially if you "roll coal", your car should be immediately impounded and you should be tossed in prison

I don’t have one (just to be clear) but I’ve been told that all that black diesel soot is better for the environment because it’s heavier and falls to the ground unlike other exhaust.  Not sure if true or bs but I’ve heard it multiple time from multiple people.

35 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I don’t have one (just to be clear) but I’ve been told that all that black diesel soot is better for the environment because it’s heavier and falls to the ground unlike other exhaust.  Not sure if true or bs but I’ve heard it multiple time from multiple people.

Does it seem at all probable to you that every obstinate braying jackass who defiantly "rolls coal" is doing it because they are responsible and proactive stewards of the environment? 

On 8/7/2020 at 9:14 AM, HRSchenker said:

Friend from undergrad brought up this argument I had 10 years ago that I refuse to back down from: Weezer's song "Beverly Hills" is a rip off of Steve Miller Band's "The Joker". Same style, same cadence, and even the little moments in The Joker are featured in Beverly Hills. 

The verses in Folsom Prison Blues and Pinball Wizard have exactly the same meter; lyrics are interchangeable with the other song’s music...

EDIT - I may not know what ‘meter’ is in musical terms, but they are interchangeable. There was a band that used to play at the Hole In The Wall 30 years ago that had a whole set of pairs of songs they would do like this. I think they called themselves Double Vision....

Edited by Ignatius

While they are both duple meter songs, Folsom Prison Blues sticks closer to the 6-bar multiple whereas Pinball Wizard to a 4-bar.  But yes, many similarities.  

Plus the live incarnations of Daltrey/Townshend further blur the line.  Definitely hear what you're saying though. 

The verses in Folsom Prison Blues and Pinball Wizard have exactly the same meter; lyrics are interchangeable with the other song’s music...

EDIT - I may not know what ‘meter’ is in musical terms, but they are interchangeable. There was a band that used to play at the Hole In The Wall 30 years ago that had a whole set of pairs of songs they would do like this. I think they called themselves Double Vision....

There’s several YouTube channels that specialize on mashing up songs that match musically. Like this...

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

If you eat an Altoid, put on your anti-plague mask, and burp...

your eyes will water.

Made that mistake today...

Well yeah, a proper fellatio performer will burp first, then affix mask, them discreetly slide in breath mint.  I know it’s Your first Covid-19 rodeo, but it’s just rudimentary physics and polite hygiene at this point. 

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well yeah, a proper fellatio performer will burp first, then affix mask, them discreetly slide in breath mint.  I know it’s Your first Covid-19 rodeo, but it’s just rudimentary physics and polite hygiene at this point. 

Pretty sure we’re talkin 2 different rides, for lack of a better term, in life’s theme park.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad has been a beekeeper for about 35 years. He told me that pretty much every year over that time the bees that he gets have been more docile (like less aggressive) and that the ones he has this year are such big pussies that he "can work with them bare handed and they are lazy as hell, too. "   So on top of everything else, in 2020 the bees upon which all of life depends are just apparently saying "screw this."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just where in the hell did dirtdaubbers build their nests before man came along?  I've spent many a day in the woods and along the creek banks, yet I never remember seeing a daubber nest in or on a tree or other.   And just how good is their eyesight?  I mean you know they are flying along and see a hole the size of pencil to us and to them it must look like a freakin' bomb crater.

• Like 1

thumbnail.jpg.2384d8aeffcfcd8a3ea4060a0e8cbe1d.jpg    This was done by a daubber which built it's nest over an air                                                                                                                                                                                                            relief vent hole.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

58 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

My dad has been a beekeeper for about 35 years. He told me that pretty much every year over that time the bees that he gets have been more docile (like less aggressive) and that the ones he has this year are such big pussies that he "can work with them bare handed and they are lazy as hell, too. "   So on top of everything else, in 2020 the bees upon which all of life depends are just apparently saying "screw this."

Doomlet (5m) got stung by a bee for the first time the other day, and he wasn't nearly as worked up about it as I expected, with the whole thing being totally forgotten after an hour or two. 

I was initially surprised by how stoic he was about it (because he's normally kind of a wimp) but then I got stung in the temple a few days later, and while it obviously hurt, it paled in comparison to every other bee sting that I've had. So based on this anecdotal experience, I suspect that Chicago-area bees are exceptionally impotent this year. 

I have a samsung TV that has some strange Samsung app section that when I turn it on every time it starts with the Bob Ross channel. I had no idea there even was a Bob Ross channel. I have no idea why I find it so peaceful that he’s on my my tv every time I turn it on. But I do.

d4b426ca4e78ebac1213548bccb2a921.jpg

On 8/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, HRSchenker said:

Friend from undergrad brought up this argument I had 10 years ago that I refuse to back down from: Weezer's song "Beverly Hills" is a rip off of Steve Miller Band's "The Joker". Same style, same cadence, and even the little moments in The Joker are featured in Beverly Hills. 

There are so many songs that are even less forgivable than this. 

Dani California and Mary Jane's Last Dance

It's Been Awhile (Staind) and Simple Man

Just off the top of my head. Not that either of the songs doing the ripping there are bad, but sometimes I will be listening to something and think "son of a bitch it's the exact same song as x"

I should start writing them down. There's a ton that I've noticed over the years that people look at me quizzically when I make the connection. 

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There are so many songs that are even less forgivable than this. 

Dani California and Mary Jane's Last Dance

It's Been Awhile (Staind) and Simple Man

Just off the top of my head. Not that either of the songs doing the ripping there are bad, but sometimes I will be listening to something and think "son of a bitch it's the exact same song as x"

I should start writing them down. There's a ton that I've noticed over the years that people look at me quizzically when I make the connection. 

Fellers- Allow me to make your day much less productive (if possible)-

http://soundsjustlike.com/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

OK. So if you're attacked by somebody who wants to kill you, and you defend yourself and kill them back, you're most of the time not called a murderer.

So suppose a cannibal kidnaps you and takes you to a remote location, and when they go to kill you, you kill them first. But then you're trapped there, with absolutely nothing to eat until help arrives, in say, 2 months. If you chop up the cannibal, and eat him, are you also considered a cannibal?

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe smoked cannibal.

Anyway, like I was saying, cannibal is the fruit of the unsuccessful kidnapping. You can barbecue him, boil him, broil him, bake him, saute him. There's uh, cannibal-kabobs, cannibal creole, cannibal gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple cannibal, lemon cannibal, coconut cannibal, pepper cannibal, cannibal soup, cannibal stew, cannibal salad, cannibal and potatoes, cannibal burger, cannibal sandwich. That- that's about it.