Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 9/9/2020 at 9:17 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

People who eat popcorn in public either have such flawless dentition that it's impossible a shell might get caught in their teeth, are missing the part of their brain that registers annoyance, or else they have no impulse control. 

Meeting exactly none of these criteria, I will only eat popcorn when brushing my teeth afterwards isn't an inconvenience. 

I've never thought this far ahead.....in regards to tooth maintenance.

I have, however, thought far enough ahead to have the old lady stash these in her European carryall when we go to the theater....

Spoiler

71ZOKI5Uu-L._SL1000_.jpg

51 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Keanu Reeves is the worst actor ever to get paid to do it.

By all accounts he's also one of the kindest people in Hollywood, so I say good for him. 

And it's obviously a judgment made in hindsight, but he's been pretty much perfect for every role he's played in my opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The year before that movie was shot, Arizona went 10-2, tied for the conference title, and the Desert Swarm defense was a thing. Things were never better for Wildcat football. That was the glory year. 
Woah! Keanu gif/

Fucking love that movie. It's completely in my families lexicon from sports to surfing or giving each other shit.

i stash floss sticks in the car, in the office, and have one in the everyday bag.
my swiss army tool also has a toothpick.

getting stuff stuck in my teeth is like...almost worse than a stone in my shoe.  ive tried flossing with a clothing thread before, in a pinch

This is the correct answer. Once you become a flosser, those things are essential.

Good questions---when did the first accounts go public (as in "regular public", not insider/beta tests) on each of those three platforms?  I think Facebook spread past Harvard in 2005, right?  Then Twitter after it debuted at SXSW, but no idea what year that was...2011?  Then Insta shortly thereafter? 

And then I guess we're on the clock with Tik Tok.  And some say, that it won't stop.  

6 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Why the hell is there a run on Drano/Liquid Plumber right now?  The one time I need some and HEB is out of any drain unclogging stuff.  WTF is going on?

Inventories at my local HEB have been low to non-existent for months.  I suspect supply chain issues with production due to Covid.  Summer time is likely high demand period too.  I generally only need them when my AC units clog up the drain lines.

Run a 3or4:1 blend of distilled water/vinegar down your HVAC air handling unit (usually up in the attic in Texas).  Depending on the size of the unit, at least 15-20oz. of that blend.  And go clean out the exit end on the side of your house.  We had a moist summer (that's what she said), so you're gonna have mold buildup in there.  That's gonna fuck up your runoff and other drainage.  If you have to resort to Drano on the lines, you're already behind the fight like Tom Herman looking at Gary Patterson. 

I know you ladies probably own firearms, but still---stay safe out there.

Edited by Lobo