Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Any 9/11 memorial labeled "Freedom This" or "Freedom That" has it wrong. It should be "They Got Us". It was all about safety vs. not being safe; freedom as a concept never really figured into any of that shit. 

In fact, hardly anybody who ever goes on and on about "freedom" is ever really thinking about what "freedom" actually means. They are usually the same people who bitch and moan about criminal court "technicalities" like warrants, and presumption of innocence, and whatnot.

I love freedom; I fucking hate people who talk about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/13/2020 at 12:02 AM, markstanco said:

Why do guys who ride road bikes feel the need to wear costumes? At lunch today and a few guys came in wearing the normal: sleeveless jean jackets with patches, do-rag, mirror glasses.

I have a truck. Should I wear a cowboy hat and a bolo tie when I drive it?

Yes!

On 12/29/2020 at 8:52 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

Any 9/11 memorial labeled "Freedom This" or "Freedom That" has it wrong. It should be "They Got Us". It was all about safety vs. not being safe; freedom as a concept never really figured into any of that shit. 

In fact, hardly anybody who ever goes on and on about "freedom" is ever really thinking about what "freedom" actually means. They are usually the same people who bitch and moan about criminal court "technicalities" like warrants, and presumption of innocence, and whatnot.

I love freedom; I fucking hate people who talk about it.

mel-gibson-freedom-gif-8.gif

• Fuck You 1

Cute bartender took my order for food to go and a nice milk stout for here. I am MMOB at the end of the bar.  Other dudes start giving her flirtatious shit for being so young.  She’s all embarrassed. I chime in that my son was also born in ‘93 and I think people their age are kicking ass and capable of great shit.  Dead silence.  

Fuck yeah.  Younger generation is ok. The stout was awesome. 

I never wondered about my place in the universe, or where or how I fit in. I always thought in terms of bashing out a space for myself, and the bigger, the better.

I'm not in here with you. You're in here with me.

Edited by Rimbo

On 1/8/2021 at 7:20 PM, slorch said:

Cute bartender took my order for food to go and a nice milk stout for here. I am MMOB at the end of the bar.  Other dudes start giving her flirtatious shit for being so young.  She’s all embarrassed. I chime in that my son was also born in ‘93 and I think people their age are kicking ass and capable of great shit.  Dead silence.  

Fuck yeah.  Younger generation is ok. The stout was awesome. 

Were you cockblocking or hoping to nab them for yourself? 

Edited by Underdog

20 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Were you cockblocking or hoping to nab them for yourself? 

your question doesn't make sense...

I was fucking with the dudes giving the young lady hell.  It was funny.  She might have blown them all in the storeroom for all I know.

Don't care...had great beer and a laugh.

and LOLz at Futureman's find.   Minding My Own Business, you freak.

Edited by slorch

I used to buy them on the reg.  And each pen would last a few weeks, but that was decades ago.  About a year ago, right before Covid-19 started and you could still trust your health to a stolen pen...I picked up a Uni-Ball Vision pen off a conference table.  I've been using it quite regularly for the last year (pretty much every day and I handwrite a lot).  It was already nearly empty when I "borrowed" it from an event.  It has no earthly reason to still have ink in it, it's bone dry (like South Austin's Mom).  But here it is on my desk, still going strong.  It's like a 'Twilight Zone' episode meets a Levenger stationery store.  I've used a thousand pens over my adult life as an old-school writer who doesn't always like typing.  And this thing has no ink in it but just keeps on writing.  /csb  

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

I used to buy them on the reg.  And each pen would last a few weeks, but that was decades ago.  About a year ago, right before Covid-19 started and you could still trust your health to a stolen pen...I picked up a Uni-Ball Vision pen off a conference table.  I've been using it quite regularly for the last year (pretty much every day and I handwrite a lot).  It was already nearly empty when I "borrowed" it from an event.  It has no earthly reason to still have ink in it, it's bone dry (like South Austin's Mom).  But here it is on my desk, still going strong.  It's like a 'Twilight Zone' episode meets a Levenger stationery store.  I've used a thousand pens over my adult life as an old-school writer who doesn't always like typing.  And this thing has no ink in it but just keeps on writing.  /csb  

And thus the Penikkah holiday was established.

God bless you.  I'm stealing that.  And naming yesterday as the first day of "Penukkah." First thing we're gonna need is an aluminum pole.  But smaller, like pen-size.