Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Who else has had this happen to them?

My son was a little over a year old when I had to shave my beard off for work.  When I came out of the bathroom clean shaven, he gave an impressive yell and climbed his mother like she was a tree.  He cried and screamed like I was killing them and just about strangled her, he held on so tight.  He wouldn't come to me until the next day.  So, yeah, I've had that happen to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

My son was a little over a year old when I had to shave my beard off for work.  When I came out of the bathroom clean shaven, he gave an impressive yell and climbed his mother like she was a tree.  He cried and screamed like I was killing them and just about strangled her, he held on so tight.  He wouldn't come to me until the next day.  So, yeah, I've had that happen to me.

Same thing with my daughter. She also would freak if you wore sunglasses.

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

In my life I have never seen anybody order ar a bar our buy in a likka store the scotch cutty sark.

Not sure how they are still around, but it must be big in the UK with the history of the clipper and such.

Mexicans, dude.

eta: first google result is Celtic Güey

https://under500calories.com/recipe/b4917-celtic-guey-cocktail

Edited by GringoSalado
  • Like 1

A great big FUCK YOU to the person who decided to hit my truck and drive off in the hooters parking lot last night. I went to look at the lot cameras in their office but they were old cameras. All we know is it is an older silver dodge truck. Cameras were blurry so couldn't pick out the plate.

Luckily no dents, but Monday I takecit in and fork over $820 to fix it. 07af73e7cd11e34d05900a4ebf97c40f.jpg

A great big FUCK YOU to the person who decided to hit my truck and drive off in the hooters parking lot last night. I went to look at the lot cameras in their office but they were old cameras. All we know is it is an older silver dodge truck. Cameras were blurry so couldn't pick out the plate.

Luckily no dents, but Monday I takecit in and fork over $820 to fix it. 07af73e7cd11e34d05900a4ebf97c40f.jpg

Doesn't your wife drive an older silver dodge truck?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hell hath no furry moment here... I went by tonight at the same time to see if he was there. Wasn't. I will periodically check. There was a dent and small sticker on the back window glass.

I have a pellet gun pistol that is now in my truck as of this evening.

If I win the lotto and find that truck in the lot i will shoot out a window and gloat about it on here. Not even kidding, hit and run assholes suck.

Did that same person steal the gas out of your truck last weekend?

Really random, but anyone remember getting your car inspected in the 60s/70s? 

The state regulated the price of inspection, but the dealer could charge a dollar to adjust each headlight. Usually, the guy would walk out, scrape the old sticker off, put the new sticker on, charge $2.00 for the inspection, another $2.00 for adjusting the headlights if you had two headlights, and $4.00 if you had four headlights. Never had an inspection where they actually looked at the car until the state started running stings on the inspection stations I guess in the early nineties. 

Just now, Kennythetiger said:

And Jane Russell. 

I knew a guy who in his high school days worked as a grocery sacker in LA, and claimed to have sacked hers a couple of times. Terrible actor, but nice naturals. Howard Hughes was no dummy in those days... before he freaked out.

I always make a mental note if I’m watching a non football game that has a football like score. Like a 7-3 baseball game or a basketball game that’s 28-17 or whatever. I’ll even sometimes do a “Blue Jays with a field goal to get within four” voice over in my head. 

Edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez

On 3/20/2021 at 2:33 PM, Juicy said:

Fuck the commercials that ring a doorbell. Drives the dog nuts.

Commercials on the car radio that play the sound of a car crash or a siren. Totally destroys my chill.

Gravel trucks that have a sign on the back that says "Stay back 200 feet. Not responsible for accidents." 

Makes me want to get a pellet gun, go to their yard at night, after doing the damage, put a note on the gate that says, "I'm not responsible for your windshields either, motherfucker."

No, I haven't done it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1