Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

I used to stress when my phone got below 80%. No idea why. But I do still stress when it hits around 25.

Me too, but at least you can charge a phone in < 1 hour.

My wife's car is usually about 40% charged, and she maxes out the charge at 80% (guess that preserves the battery). I can't live on the edge like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

This reminds me that I miss Samantha Brown. I know she isn't a WTF? qualifier but there you go.

She has a travel show on PBS. 
She filled out a bikini very nicely.... and still looks like she could. Unlike the Milana Vayntrub gal who would have to upsize hers. 

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

Have a good 20 years of drinking under my belt and it has taken forever to dawn on me that time going to bed >>>>> amount of drinks consumed when it comes to how you'll feel the next day. 

Wednesday night I went out for a friend's 40th bday party and drank 6 beers. Got home about 10 and stupidly stayed up until damn near 1:30 in the morning listening to music and dicking around on the internet. Solid 5/10 hangover yesterday.

Went to happy hour after work yesterday and drank a good 5 pints, then went home and had another 3-4 sitting out on my back patio enjoying the evening weather. Last drink was at probably 9:30 and I was in bed by 10:03. Feel perfectly fine today.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wife and I are thinking about moving out of the Dallas burbs and back into the city. Are we fuckin crazy? Probably. Just tired of the small town drama and constant bitching whining complaining hootin hollering going on with people rejecting growth. We've only lived here for 4 years and can probably walk away with a $150k profit on the house.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:33 PM, Hate said:

I actually like Guy’s Grocery Games and the Tournament of Champions.

Me too but he needs to change up the latter's line up.

Random thought, no cloak room.  I live in OC.  First time I've seen someone at the grocery store w/o a mask on.  Nothing happened, just realized in about 14 months, I never saw someone inside a public building w/o a mask.

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

Wife and I are thinking about moving out of the Dallas burbs and back into the city. Are we fuckin crazy? Probably. Just tired of the small town drama and constant bitching whining complaining hootin hollering going on with people rejecting growth. We've only lived here for 4 years and can probably walk away with a $150k profit on the house.

Kids or no?  If I didn't have kids I'd live downtown in a major city.

12 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Probably plenty of cheap places in downtown Detroit

Not that long ago the City of Detroit was selling properties for $1 in downtown.  Most were condemned and you had to sign an agreement that you would bring them up to code with 2 years or it would revert back to the city or something like that.

16 hours ago, elfenix said:
On 5/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, markstanco said:
I used to stress when my phone got below 80%. No idea why. But I do still stress when it hits around 25.

I bet you ruined a lot of batteries topping up

You're probably right, but I'm driving home instead of on the side of the road with a dead battery.

I'll let the next owner deal with battery health. If they want a like-new battery, they shouldn't be poor. 

Loserville GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

20 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I have my first job interview on Wednesday since being laid off in April of last year. Normally, I am not nervous about interviews, probably because I was always employed while doing one. But holy fuck, the opportunity to get my career, finances and life in general back on track has me all kinds freaking out. Hell, tonight I tried on the clothes I am going to wear and have been refreshing myself on things I know, but feel rusty about since I haven’t done my job in a year. Fucking COVID.

Good luck! Maybe if you get nervous during the interview, imagine that they are all snek.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo

Dude, you got this.  Seriously, best of luck.  

Ask open-ended questions and be a good listener.  Most of being a good communicator/people person is listening while simultaneously thinking about your next...........you know what, just watch this instructional job interview video from Larry and Leon:

Edited by Lobo

On 5/4/2021 at 5:24 PM, El Diablo said:

The situation I ran into was different, the company had a few employees laid off and those managers that lost employees were pissed that their people were the ones chosen. That was the start of it I was told later when I asked wtf. Things spiraled downward soon after. I think the fact that we were an outpost of a much larger corporate giant (GE) and lacked strong internal/local leadership probably had a lot to do with the way things deteriorated. it was an engineering driven biz and the ones that left all found better jobs elsewhere. 

It wasn’t the big software division of GE was it?

9 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I have my first job interview on Wednesday since being laid off in April of last year. Normally, I am not nervous about interviews, probably because I was always employed while doing one. But holy fuck, the opportunity to get my career, finances and life in general back on track has me all kinds freaking out. Hell, tonight I tried on the clothes I am going to wear and have been refreshing myself on things I know, but feel rusty about since I haven’t done my job in a year. Fucking COVID.

Good luck man. Remember that the Resume Picture is critical. Leaning against a tree is the prefered method for hiring managers. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

“How you gonna be nervous about missing a shot you haven’t even taken yet?” -Michael Jordan 

12 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

You got this.  Go show them your best.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 8:34 PM, markstanco said:

Watching some show with the wife. The channel is giving away a house in Jupiter Florida, which is a really expensive area.

Who TF that would take the time to enter their name, address, and email for a drawing that can afford that place after year 1?

Sell that shit. 

On 5/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

I feel your pain.  I had three promising operators, upon whom I was basing my succession plan, leave within a month of each other a couple of years ago.  I still haven't found replacements as qualified as they were.  It sucks.

What industry are you in? 

On 5/10/2021 at 5:45 PM, closetohumping said:

We got kids and I still want that lifestyle hah.  I think you can still get that lifestyle at a reasonable price in a place like Chicago.  I may be looking that direction.

Good luck with that

On 5/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, HouTex said:

What’s it like to be constipated? I drop one every morning after my coffee/breakfast without fail. Usually have at least one other BM later in the day. I’m 58 and I’ve never been constipated.

so,  I have scar tissue in my intestines.  Every 5-8 years I get what they call an ileus, where a segment stops working and i get a blockage. 

It's like being pregnant.  My abdomen gets all big and distended and it really,  really hurts.  If I wait too long to go to the hospital I start throwing up dark green vomit that looks like it has wilted spinach in it.

They have to put an NG tube down my nose,  pump my stomach,  and wait for my intestines to start working again... usually about 5 days in the hospital where I can't eat or drink anything. 

It's just good,  clean,  fun 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, HRSchenker said:

No kids! We miss being in the thick of the food and bar scene 

Do it, I lived downtown for two years and moved to Lake Highlands (which I also love btw) when we found out we were having a kid. I absolutely loved living down there, and if you can't walk somewhere it's a five minute Uber to anywhere you'd likely want to go. 

• Like 1

So I'm an AE for a software company.  I usually work with what's called a SDR (sales dev rep).  Lots of turnover in software, I've had 3 in about 14 months and am currently without one.  I don't make hiring decisions so whoever they hire, I get.  They finally hired someone and I looked homeboy up on Linkedin.  He's wearing a Boston tshirt and a hat in his profile pic.