Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

14 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

With cancel culture being what it is today it would be impossible to remake "Two girls One Cup."

It would have to be "Two 'My Pronouns are She/Her/Hers Cisgender' Girls, One 'Communal Equitably Made Sustainable' Cup"  

•  

I think it's bullshit that at almost all restaurants, iced tea costs the same amount as soda.  On a per glass cost, the soda probably costs 3-5x what iced tea costs.  Yet I have to pay the same $2.50 for a simple iced tea, than the guy who drinks 4 cokes at lunch.  

Yeah, I like to save my liquid calories for booze.  It cracks me up too on the menu, it'll have a one whole side of the menu to mention their 137 beers on tap at 137 different price points.  And then in the bottom right corner, to save room, they just write "Soft Drinks, Tea, Coffee:  $2.95"  How hard is it to cordon off tea and make it cheaper?  Is it the lemon's fault?  

I wonder how much the flavor-aide cost in Guyana.  Could you have opted for cyanide iced tea for less money?  I just keep coming back to the random thought---how'd they get all that fucking cyanide in Guyana?  I'm picturing some Jim Jones stooge strolling into town, trying to blend in speaking local creole and asking every sinister looking local, "I'm looking for my friend Cy.  Do you know Cy?  Cy Nide?  He weighs about 50 kgs."  Or did one of those guys, between lunatic rantings from Jones and music time, learn how to cultivate the cassava plant down there and synthesize it into lethal cyanide?  

These are songs I'll never get tired of hearing and will always be in my rotation... 

Not in Love -10cc

Never My Love - The Association 

This Guy's in Love - Herb Albert

Happy Together - The Turtles

Send in the Clowns - Judy Collins 

Venus - Shocking Blue

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

These are songs I'll never get tired of hearing and will always be in my rotation... 

Not in Love -10cc

Venus - Shocking Blue

We could hang. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Underdog said:

Not in Love -10cc

Venus - Shocking Blue

I'd subscribe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

If I had ever been lucky enough to be in this position, literally the most isolated person in the universe.....

it would have been the exact time my fucking ex-wife would have called.

"Honey, I can't find the car keys.  Did you take the other set?"

• Haha 1

i posrep every Seinfeld reference on any thread i come across, even if i don't agree with the point or dont even have an opinion. and there are a LOT of Seinfeld references.

that is the genius of the show.

i personally probably make or think at least one reference a day on average.

i mean as an artform it's pretty astounding.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

i posrep every Seinfeld reference on any thread i come across, even if i don't agree with the point or dont even have an opinion. and there are a LOT of Seinfeld references.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mchookem said:

And when I post a Seinfeld reference, please don’t post a video, gif, or meme to show where the reference came from. That’s so annoying. I do a solo act. I don’t need your help and whoever gets it gets it. (This isn’t addressed at you, mchookem. I don’t think you’ve ever done that. But I take pride in my work and I don’t need anyone piggybacking on a perfectly good Seinfeld quote/reference that can stand on its own.)

14 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And when I post a Seinfeld reference, please don’t post a video, gif, or meme to show where the reference came from. That’s so annoying. I do a solo act. I don’t need your help and whoever gets it gets it. (This isn’t addressed at you, mchookem. I don’t think you’ve ever done that. But I take pride in my work and I don’t need anyone piggybacking on a perfectly good Seinfeld quote/reference that can stand on its own.)

16 Times Seinfeld Perfectly Described Life With Chronic Illness | The Mighty

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I found this funny, I’m looking thru a obituary for work and I come across this in one of them. 

Mary graduated from St. Agnes Academy in 1945 at the age of sixteen, then graduated from University of Southern California. Later, she went to business school to learn to type and take shorthand.

You’re telling me she didn’t learn to type or write till after she graduated from USC?  

Edited by Hook1997

54 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I found this funny, I’m looking thru a obituary for work and I come across this in one of them. 

Mary graduated from St. Agnes Academy in 1945 at the age of sixteen, then graduated from University of Southern California. Later, she went to business school to learn to type and take shorthand.

You’re telling me she didn’t learn to type or write till after she graduated from USC?  

Well, it's not like she was there on a crew scholarship.

• Haha 1

I had a package show up at the house, something I didn't order. My name and address on the box but it was from some company I'd never even heard of. After I dove into the mystery I figured out the label got messed up and they had stuck a new label on it with my info. Which means I have a package out there somewhere that had a messed up label and it got sent to the wrong person too. Anyway, I FB stalked the person whose name was on the enclosed packing list. 

casey.thumb.jpg.1120ce534a177ea270d8c4d7a8f7ad8c.jpg

I dreamed I graduated from HS again, but it was a different school. It was from a Catholic HS in Pittsburgh (where I've never been),  and they didn't care I'd already graduated from somewhere else.

Anyway, I won an award. I only found out when I was looking through the program for the day's festivities. Our class was going to honor the valedictorian, salutatorian, most likely to succeed, and a few others, and then below all that, all alone, spaced for emphasis, was my award:

"MaybeACoordinator: Scent of a Knight Award."

"Very cool," said some rando looking over my shoulder. "That's a very nice award."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I dreamed I graduated from HS again, but it was a different school. It was from a Catholic HS in Pittsburgh (where I've never been),  and they didn't care I'd already graduated from somewhere else.

Anyway, I won an award. I only found out when I was looking through the program for the day's festivities. Our class was going to honor the valedictorian, salutatorian, most likely to succeed, and a few others, and then below all that, all alone, spaced for emphasis, was my award:

"MaybeACoordinator: Scent of a Knight Award."

"Very cool," said some rando looking over my shoulder. "That's a very nice award."

If I had to pick any award to win, it might be that one.