Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 8/8/2019 at 3:05 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

I like going to the zoo on cold, drizzly days. You get the place practically to yourselves, and the zookeepers are bored, so they spend extra time talking to you, and coaxing the animals into playing.

checks weather, looks outside

What are these cold, drizzly days you speak of?

38 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I have now officially said the nicest thing any man has ever told his wife:

"If you want to kill some fire ants, today's your last chance. They don't have 'em where we're headed."

That must mean you're moving out of Texas, and that's a pretty mean thing to do to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

8 years ago I bought 100 of these 100 trillion dollar bills from Zimbabwe off of Amazon for a penny each and gave them out to my classmates as a goofy gift. This morning I got sent a link from a place called banknoteworld that's selling these bills for over $300 each. EACH! I gave away $30,000 worth of merchandise without knowing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 times, the bible expressly points out the hypocrisy of using your faith as a means to gain riches.  My wife's Catholic Church bulletin--- 2+ pages of parishioner commercial advertisements.
1 vague passage in the bible about gay marriage.  Catholic Church:  "Sinners, burn them!"  

I know a real estate agent that gets about 12 listings a year from the bulletin at his church

Was passing through Elgin this morning on the way back to Houston.  The nice Hispanic man in front of me at the traffic light rolled down his window and dumped chicken heads out of a trash bag and then went on his way.  
Pencil me in for intrigued. 

Wasn’t Brisket Texan. He wouldn’t waste them.

11 hours ago, retread said:

Does he run ads?

Yes. A fairly large ad.  They are also very active members of the church, and the wife is probably the most "real" Christian that I know.  She really walks the walk. 

Also, the husband is VERY close buddies with a priest. He was the priest at that church, and he's since been transferred south about 40 miles.  He's also good for several referrals. 

I feel Surly makes me a better electronic communicator. I write emails and such like I post on here. I'm hypersensitive to errors thinking I will be ridiculed like when I fuck up a post on here. 

First post on the shag was "god shaggy is awesome" and skipperj responded he'd like to meet this god shaggy I speak of.

Edited by Yarbr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

God shaggy did not protect us from the Eskimo demon. Instead he brought the great purging that wiped shaggy from the face of the earth.

Seeing the Eskimo But around the corner from my old house in jizz jar land close due to ineptitude was one of the highlights of my last six months there. I realize that isn't an especially high standard, but when in a Roman sewer, pray for constipation. Or something.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

How long do we figure we will have to deal with memes of that crying fucking teen the kept showing in the stands.  

It is going to be years unfortunately.  I said it to the wife the minute I saw it that guess I will be seeing that in the intertrons tomorrow.

Edited by Moby Ric

It is going to be years unfortunately.  I said it to the wife the minute I saw it that guess I will be seeing that in the intertrons tomorrow.

I told my sons don’t ever do that at a sporting event that’s televised, ever. The problem is it will live on as long as the crying sooner, or the bugeyed Aggie. Some of these like the hot Texas chick “omfg” gal are fine but crying nope don’t do it.
  • Like 1

It wasn't until about 10 years ago that for some reason people in Texas thought Florida was alright.  I guess people in Austin just thought of Florida as Epcot, Seaside, and South Beach.  But it's certainly reared its ugly truth in the last decade.  I lived in Florida for about 18 months a long time ago.  Holy shit, that place is beyond fucked up.  Georgia isn't bad though, gets a bad rap---I like it somewhat.  But yeah, Florida-Georgia Line needs to go away.

it would really suck to be in a drive-thru car wash, at the point where the soap and polish comes down and coats the windshield and you can't see anything and all you can hear is the machinery, and then a nuclear holocaust happened. you'd drive out of the carwash and be like, "NO FUCKING WAY, COME ON!!!!!!!"

On 9/9/2019 at 6:44 AM, troph said:

I told my sons don’t ever do that at a sporting event that’s televised, ever. The problem is it will live on as long as the crying sooner, or the bugeyed Aggie. Some of these like the hot Texas chick “omfg” gal are fine but crying nope don’t do it.

CSB: I bought a bunch of Windows from the Sooner kid when I had a house in DFW area; he worked for Anderson Windows. He showed me his DL and everything to verify it was him and there was even a write-up in the TDMN about him years later.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:44 AM, troph said:

My son and I agreed within minutes of that scene that any boy of his/grandson of mine older than 8 better be caught dropping the f bomb instead of bawling. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
keeping gender consistent ...sorry Troph
  • Like 1