Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Guest Lobo

I can still type about 110 words per minute.  It helps that I have very large hands (10.5" according to the NFL combine measuring technique) and am ambidextrous.  And yes, South Austin's mom has long enjoyed not even being able to tell which of my large hands I was using.  

I have to type about 5,000 words a day between my dayjobs, non-fiction writing sidehustle, and stuff on here to piss off Rex Kramer.  So long ago, I took proper typing courses and they helped a ton and save me all kinds of time.  

Random question in the spirit of this thread---have any of y'all come across a good typing courses for young kids?  Particularly since more than even the usual amount of classwork will be done virtually this next semester?  

Guest Lobo

Nicely done, blast from the past.  Actually did one similar to this when I got an Apple II in the 80’s.  And speaking of old school, what really helped me was a typing class in high school on a massive and slow moving smith corona.   By the time you get back to a proper computer, it’s like tapering in swimming—-I could double my word count.  

pos Rep, really takes me back. 

is sheba the cat food for stupid ass cat womyn that managed to get knocked up (and dumped) and have a kid they do not give a fuck about?

I had thought this the first 100 times I saw this commercial, but when I searched up the commercial to post it here I was not surprised many others thought the same thing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

is sheba the cat food for stupid ass cat womyn that managed to get knocked up (and dumped) and have a kid they do not give a fuck about?

I had thought this the first 100 times I saw this commercial, but when I searched up the commercial to post it here I was not surprised many others thought the same thing

Talking bout Fitlump here?

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, Bevo&Pevo said:

Wouldn't a Hide A Key be better served like in fake yellow jacket nest instead of a fake ass rock?  I mean who in hell is gonna reach up and grab a nest full (live lookin' anyways) flying liquid lava MFers?

Honest to god I actually spent a small amount of time looking into what it would take to build this product and a couple of other similar variations. I did a back of a napkin business plan and figured there's just not enough money in it to try it. But I'd buy one if someone made them.

40 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Do the online pizza delivery trackers that tell you when your pizza is being made, boxed, delivered, etc. actually attach to anything or are they total bullshit?

the store has buttons they hit as the pie moved from place to place and then when the driver is dispatched....and often times the name given is the actual person doing the work

I know this from asking one time in the store way back and from reddit

• Like 1

Yeah, I kinda picture Karen as solidly in the middle-class.  Or at least the appearance of upper middle-class.  I think part of her schtick though is she wants to be further up the social ladder than she really is.  She's inherently somewhat entitled, but wants to be a lot more entitled and just isn't sure how to get there, so to fast-trak it...she yells at lot of working class folks.  There is no upper class/Top 2% kinda Karen though, that kind of person smiles and walks away and then buys your business just to fire you and humiliate you.

johncreillyvoice/ "I like to think of Karen as like a short, pudgy white woman with a reverse mullet and a really aggressive horizontally striped shirt with big earrings and bigger sunglasses."