Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 9/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, Covri said:

How long as and adult do you keep birthday cards after receiving them?

I throw them away that day and usually make sure the giver sees said reaction.

No fucks given.

1 minute ago, After irth said:

Classy...

never have understood someone giving Hallmark $5 in the name of my birthday.   It's freaking stupid.

a phone call or handwritten note means way the hell more to me.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, Horn_Spanker said:

When my gasoline "Miles to Go" indicator in my car gets below 100, I start thinking about filling up again.  That happened today, so I checked when my last fill up was, 03/15/2020!

A few weeks ago i got to the gas pump with 1 mile to go. Never cut it that close before.

I always wondered how they did those actor-looking-at-a-mirror shots in movies, where you can't see the cameras

Some shots are done at an angle with telephoto, so that's easy and obvious, but other shots are close up and wide and square and I have no idea

Stumbled on You Oughta Know by Alanis Morisette on Sirius 90’s channel.

My god what a god awful screeching POS.  I remember her album being omnipresent in the early 90’s but hadn’t encountered much if any of it for probably a decade.  Wasn’t ever a fan, but that really hasn’t aged well.

It’s even better when you consider she’s singing about Uncle Joey from Full House. 

It’s funny you bring that song up as I’ve stumbled on it 2-3 times in the past week on Sirius. Their catalog is drastically shrinking by the day. Might be time to move on from Sirius/XM. The repeating of songs is reaching early days of free Pandora levels. 

21 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Stumbled on You Oughta Know by Alanis Morisette on Sirius 90’s channel.

My god what a god awful screeching POS.  I remember her album being omnipresent in the early 90’s but hadn’t encountered much if any of it for probably a decade.  Wasn’t ever a fan, but that really hasn’t aged well.

She always was horrible.  Alternative rock was desperate for a female icon.  

• Hook 'Em 1