Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

9 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

👨‍💼I don't know, maybe people are more stressed and have more going on than when I had a young child, but if you're spread so thin that you can't remember and prioritize your childs life, YOU NEED TO REEVALUATE YOUR WHOLE FUCKING LIFE YOU DIMWIT MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE, OR GIVE YOUR CHILD UP FOR ADOPTION BECAUSE YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH COMMON SENSE TO BE CARING FOR ONE!

end rant

This is a pretty misguided and simplistic understanding of how this usually happens. You're an old, so no real risk in your misunderstanding, and probably not worth the (likely futile) effort to explain how this can happen in any greater detail than TKthunder already has. 

~~~~~

FYI for all the non-olds where that kind of ignorance could have a dear price - Waze has a feature that can be used to remind drivers to check the back seat upon arriving at the final destination. 

• Like 2

My wife and I just started watching The Americans.  I think we are are on S1E6 and there is a scene where the russian spy wife is talking with the FBI wife in her kitchen and all I was hoping for is they would start making out.  I probably shouldn't have said that to my wife and kept it in my head.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo

People don’t appreciate the subtlety of Anton Chigur killing the businessman in his office.  When you watch the scene, see where Anton emerges from, think about how he got there, and remember Harrelson’s last comment as he left that same office

I can’t imagine the stench of pre running water sex. Neither person has bathed for days, the man still had major vinegary balls and old pussy juice on his dick. The woman smelling like old fish after the last time they had sex 2 weeks ago and not washing.

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

I can’t imagine the stench of pre running water sex. Neither person has bathed for days, the man still had major vinegary balls and old pussy juice on his dick. The woman smelling like old fish after the last time they had sex 2 weeks ago and not washing.

I get your meaning, but I'm pretty sure this is just the thing that rivers, streams, ponds, lakes, and oceans were invented for.

You wouldn’t have noticed as all that was commonplace.

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

First time at Waikiki Beach and this place is pretty happening.

(Big picture might be big)

F0F93BE5-53AC-412B-9E4A-514E71EE768F.jpeg

Walk around the corner to the Hilton, much nicer down there.  Used to have penguins but the hairy pitted vegans made them send those back.  But don't buy anything there - shits too expensive. 

Edited by beer
  • Hook 'Em 1

I was at the grocery store this morning, and the mid-60s, mentally handicapped woman bagging my groceries (can't hazard a guess on an exact condition/diagnosis, but she seemed to be fairly close to maxing out her capabilities) smiled and cryptically said to me as I pushed my cart away, "have fun going home!" in about the most sneering and menacing tone possible, so the whole way home I expected to be run over by a bus or something. 

Nothing of note happened on my journey, but it was a profoundly eerie way to end my shopping trip. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

First time at Waikiki Beach and this place is pretty happening.

I’m guessing that shot is from the Hyatt Regency East Tower, directly across from my room in the West Tower where I’m typing this.

Also first time in Waikiki. Just stayed a night here after a week on the Big Island.

c0d950af4f6a280e8212b3fb2fa6f7da.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I was at the grocery store this morning, and the mid-60s, mentally handicapped woman bagging my groceries (can't hazard a guess on an exact condition/diagnosis, but she seemed to be fairly close to maxing out her capabilities) smiled and cryptically said to me as I pushed my cart away, "have fun going home!" in about the most sneering and menacing tone possible, so the whole way home I expected to be run over by a bus or something. 

Nothing of note happened on my journey, but it was a profoundly eerie way to end my shopping trip. 

Username totally checks out.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, HookEm said:

I’m guessing that shot is from the Hyatt Regency East Tower, directly across from my room in the West Tower where I’m typing this.

Also first time in Waikiki. Just stayed a night here after a week on the Big Island.

c0d950af4f6a280e8212b3fb2fa6f7da.jpg

Yup at the Hyatt Regency. Actually my SIL and her fiancé’s room. We’re staying at the Disney resort and went to Waikiki to hang out fo the day. 

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

She got your address....soon...soon...

Being around people in their swimwear for the past few days, I gotta say that Americans in general are pretty fat. Granted we’re at a resort that caters to kids and their parents, so dad bods and fupas are to be expected. But the average BMI here is probably in the mid 30s.

Also, a lot more tattoos than I expected. A lot of Chinese characters that say Kung Pao chicken. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

Being around people in their swimwear for the past few days, I gotta say that Americans in general are pretty fat. Granted we’re at a resort that caters to kids and their parents, so dad bods and fupas are to be expected. But the average BMI here is probably in the mid 30s.

Also, a lot more tattoos than I expected. A lot of Chinese characters that say Kung Pao chicken. 

I was in Orange Beach this last Wednesday-Friday.  I don't know if everyone got fat the last year or if all the fat people just decided to come out or if the fat people only come out during the week, but holy shit.  There were 300# people in bikinis.  Ratio of people not in danger of having heart attacks to those in danger of having them was 1:9

7 minutes ago, retsevlys said:

I was in Orange Beach this last Wednesday-Friday.  I don't know if everyone got fat the last year or if all the fat people just decided to come out or if the fat people only come out during the week, but holy shit.  There were 300# people in bikinis.  Ratio of people not in danger of having heart attacks to those in danger of having them was 1:9

Ain't like that in southern California.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:49 PM, Lobo said:

People don’t appreciate the subtlety of Anton Chigur killing the businessman in his office.  When you watch the scene, see where Anton emerges from, think about how he got there, and remember Harrelson’s last comment as he left that same office

This businessman?

Please Don't Mock Office Space's Milton | The Mary Sue

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

Wasn't the 13th floor, it was that there appeared to be one more floor on the outside than was the case in the elevator/stairs.  It speaks to the kind of men and he and Anton are and how Anton knew where to get off.  

Edited by Lobo

We stayed at a bunch of places in Hawaii over the last week. My observation was that in the higher end places the clientele were much fitter and less tatted. As the places got cheaper, we saw more tattoos and fatter people. Public beaches were the worst. Shocking, I know.

Mauna Kea on the Big Island was nice.
4152ff85fe27f97fa3d858f572f4ca44.jpg

Guest Lobo

None of my insane ideas warrant a thread.  But if you remember, Harrelson says he remembers details.  Stephen Root finally acknowledges it by tacitly hiring him.  But then Harrelson brings up the missing floor, Root--out of annoyance---says they'll look into it.  Alluding to his eventual demise.  Harrelson, dressed for business and an invited guest, presumably uses the elevator to get up and down to what appears to be (based on the outside view) a high up floor---only knowing the number of floors by manually counting them from the outside....not relying on the elevator or building directory.  It's what he's good at, seeing what no one else sees.  It's how he finds Moss and his wife/MIL with relative expedience.  

Anton, not wanting to be noticed with his weapons...does not use the elevator.  He is not dressed for business.  He is not an invited guest.  What does he do?  He treks up the entire back service/emergency staircase of the office tower.  It is presumably marked with floor numbers for emergencies.  But Anton, like Harrelson, does not trust them...he has manually counted his way up and knows precisely which door to break open to find his target.  Why show Anton in the back staircase and why include that throw-away scene of Harrelson about the number of floors being off?  The sense of humor  line was already used with the parking validation.  Harrelson and Anton see details and use them to plot death.  Root glossed over the two of them and who knows---maybe he tells property manager to renumber the floors---Anton is off by one and doesn't find him holding his dick.  

Or not, either way.  Great movie.  I just watched it again recently and this stood out to me. Why include that line and why show Anton going up the stairs.  It's not that thrilling to watch him air-gun his way through a staircase lock that probably wasn't even locked to begin with.  I've worked in office towers for decades and gone up and down back staircases to shit on other floors---those things are almost never locked. /csb about shit

19 minutes ago, HookEm said:

We stayed at a bunch of places in Hawaii over the last week. My observation was that in the higher end places the clientele were much fitter and less tatted. As the places got cheaper, we saw more tattoos and fatter people. Public beaches were the worst. Shocking, I know.

Mauna Kea on the Big Island was nice.
4152ff85fe27f97fa3d858f572f4ca44.jpg

The Disney resort is expensive as shit. The people are fat AF. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

None of my insane ideas warrant a thread.  But if you remember, Harrelson says he remembers details.  Stephen Root finally acknowledges it by tacitly hiring him.  But then Harrelson brings up the missing floor, Root--out of annoyance---says they'll look into it.  Alluding to his eventual demise.  Harrelson, dressed for business and an invited guest, presumably uses the elevator to get up and down to what appears to be (based on the outside view) a high up floor---only knowing the number of floors by manually counting them from the outside....not relying on the elevator or building directory.  It's what he's good at, seeing what no one else sees.  It's how he finds Moss and his wife/MIL with relative expedience.  

Anton, not wanting to be noticed with his weapons...does not use the elevator.  He is not dressed for business.  He is not an invited guest.  What does he do?  He treks up the entire back service/emergency staircase of the office tower.  It is presumably marked with floor numbers for emergencies.  But Anton, like Harrelson, does not trust them...he has manually counted his way up and knows precisely which door to break open to find his target.  Why show Anton in the back staircase and why include that throw-away scene of Harrelson about the number of floors being off?  The sense of humor  line was already used with the parking validation.  Harrelson and Anton see details and use them to plot death.  Root glossed over the two of them and who knows---maybe he tells property manager to renumber the floors---Anton is off by one and doesn't find him holding his dick.  

Or not, either way.  Great movie.  I just watched it again recently and this stood out to me. Why include that line and why show Anton going up the stairs.  It's not that thrilling to watch him air-gun his way through a staircase lock that probably wasn't even locked to begin with.  I've worked in office towers for decades and gone up and down back staircases to shit on other floors---those things are almost never locked. /csb about shit

I do not know this movie. 

Name? 

1 minute ago, General Specific said:

African or European cat?

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Must be a tiny aquarium since the water alone weighs 8.33 lbs per gallon

It is.  It was for a betta fish.  Fish is dead of course.  So maybe this thing is 15 pounds tops.

1 minute ago, General Specific said:

African or European cat?

Russian.  True story.