Super Bowl LV Game Thread: Chiefs vs Bucs

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:

So.... I have no dog in this hunt, but the penalties against KC are things that I'm normally saying "That's a flag" and then they don't get called.

So, yeah they're penalties, but in the league, they're usually not called. And they're only getting called one way.

Yep. That's pretty much it. Shit that's technically illegal but never gets called is being called, but only one way. The NFL is usually a little more subtle about getting the fix in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, AeroHorn said:

The difference, besides the flags on KC defense, is the other KC receivers not stepping up with Hill locked down. More than KC defense (besides iffy penalties), it is their offense that is lacking any imagination. Without Mahomes scrambling, they would be 0.

Lacking imagination? There is nothing to imagine when your OL can't hold up for even 2 seconds on any pass play. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Lacking imagination? There is nothing to imagine when your OL can't hold up for even 2 seconds on any pass play. 

So work more short and intermediate, some play action (have to actually run a bit to do that), get Mahomes rolling out....yea their line is blowing ass so fucking adjust give the defense something to actually have to think about.  Right now it's Pat drop deep, get rushed, and try to make something happen off script with his legs/arm.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. That's pretty much it. Shit that's technically illegal but never gets called is being called, but only one way. The NFL is usually a little more subtle about getting the fix in.

i agree with your point, and snacks post too

you honestly think there is a fix in here? i mean it was kraft and billecorch and then brady, so now just for brady? or is Tampa now running shit? 

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

So work more short and intermediate, some play action (have to actually run a bit to do that), get Mahomes rolling out....yea their line is blowing ass so fucking adjust give the defense something to actually have to think about.  Right now it's Pat drop deep, get rushed, and try to make something happen off script with his legs/arm.

They have run short and intermediate, they have run play action, they have attempted screens. It absolutely has not just been Mahomes dropping deep.

Some of y'all aren't even watching the game, apparently.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Their OL is bad, but Mahomes is negating that somewhat with his moving around, but besides on the last drive, he has thrown only to covered guys, mostly Hill. He is looking, but not finding other receivers.

Is this your first Super Bowl halftime? These things are always ridiculous, overblown pop nonsense.

Yes it’s the first super bowl halftime I’ve ever seen...oh, forgot I was AT the rose bowl with Michael Jackson performing.

This is nothing but a super spreader event. When you go from Jackson, U2 ams Stones to The Weekend, you’ve run out of talent