The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+

mdmost

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

i assume D+ prints money

They could make an animated movie about Jesus pissing on hookers and still print gobs of money because your kid will murder you in your sleep if they can’t watch Frozen for the 906th time, the Disney and marvel nerds will show up for their movies/shows and the your kid has to have the newest Baby Yoda merch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

They could make an animated movie about Jesus pissing on hookers and still print gobs of money because your kid will murder you in your sleep if they can’t watch Frozen for the 906th time, the Disney and marvel nerds will show up for their movies/shows and the your kid has I have to have the newest Baby Yoda merch. 

ftfm

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

They could make an animated movie about Jesus pissing on hookers and still print gobs of money because your kid will murder you in your sleep if they can’t watch Frozen for the 906th time, the Disney and marvel nerds will show up for their movies/shows and the your kid has to have the newest Baby Yoda merch. 

I mean everyone says this but its not like they are making Hunchback Of Notre Dame II or some Mater bullshit, they are actually producing premium high quality content. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

Is that something from the comics? To be honest, it seemed kinda outta place in CW. No backstory for it.

I think it's more about them being best friends with Cap, and so there was just some kind of natural chemistry behind that and/or both were competing with one another from the start, for his attention.

13 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean everyone says this but its not like they are making Hunchback Of Notre Dame II or some Mater bullshit, they are actually producing premium high quality content. 

Yep.  The Right Stuff was amazing, and it was for the National Geographic portion of Disney+ (I'm not even sure if it was shown on the regular Nat Geo channels you get on cable).

CBS/Paramount is moving into this territory.  Peacock is starting to.  Everybody has realized that if you produce a must-see/high-quality/top-tier series every few months, people will stay subscribed for the rest of the year.

Shit, Amazon is making a massive budget Wheel of Time series, in addition to a Lord of the Rings prequel series.

Edited by atomheartbevo

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep.  The Right Stuff was amazing, and it was for the National Geographic portion of Disney+ (I'm not even sure if it was shown on the regular Nat Geo channels you get on cable).

CBS/Paramount is moving into this territory.  Peacock is starting to.  Everybody has realized that if you produce a must-see/high-quality/top-tier series every few months, people will stay subscribed for the rest of the year.

Shit, Amazon is making a massive budget Wheel of Time series, in addition to a Lord of the Rings prequel series.

The Right Stuff was so good. 

• 4 weeks later...

First episode out.

Spoiler

Disney put some money into this. Nice action scene, Falcon straight murdering folks. Good to see GSP back. Like Bucky's story better so far, and just can't really buy that Falcon can't get financial help from Pepper Potts or give Wakanda a call seeing that BP (RIP?) is worth 900 billion dollars. Still, good start, wish they dropped all the episodes, and the 9+ minutes of credits is unfortunate. No clue who new cap is, so if anyone knows please elaborate.

• Hook 'Em 4

31 minutes ago, crony said:

First episode out.

Hide contents

Disney put some money into this. Nice action scene, Falcon straight murdering folks. Good to see GSP back. Like Bucky's story better so far, and just can't really buy that Falcon can't get financial help from Pepper Potts or give Wakanda a call seeing that BP (RIP?) is worth 900 billion dollars. Still, good start, wish they dropped all the episodes, and the 9+ minutes of credits is unfortunate. No clue who new cap is, so if anyone knows please elaborate.

Spoiler

I believe the new Cap is played by Wyatt Russell, and the character is actually John Walker/US Agent.  

And that opening action sequence was very, very good.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Who green lighted this on the first day of the NCAA tournament?!

Bad timing, but with using D+ as a movie launch (last dragon impacted this I’m sure), 4 movies, and 4 (5?) tv series, I don’t think they have much wiggle room this year. 

5 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Was very good. I did think there is quite a bit of area to explore with how individuals an groups deal with the snap and in-snap

[spioler]
After watching the post credits scene showingThe Living Eraser being the main antagonist for this series, I think they are going a little too hard on the idea of people being erased after Thanos’s snap, and how terrifying the idea of being erased has become.  

Marvel-Comics-The-Living-Eraser.jpg?q=50

[/spoiler]

Was very good. I did think there is quite a bit of area to explore with how individuals an groups deal with the snap and in-snap

One thing I thought about during the episode is that there would be worldwide famine. Agriculture surely adapted to 4B people over 5 years and now overnight there’s 8B mouths to feed.

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

One thing I thought about during the episode is that there would be worldwide famine. Agriculture surely adapted to 4B people over 5 years and now overnight there’s 8B mouths to feed.

Definitely.  I don’t think most people understand what the supply chain is like to keep a population density like ours alive, but we got a little taste of it last March/April and then very locally here in February. Things fall apart fast. Food, water, electricity, shelter, fuel, etc would have been over stressed when the population suddenly doubled. Can you imaging how hard it would have been to get TP after what happened last March?

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

12 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Definitely.  I don’t think most people understand what the supply chain is like to keep a population density like ours alive, but we got a little taste of it last March/April and then very locally here in February. Things fall apart fast. Food, water, electricity, shelter, fuel, etc would have been over stressed when the population suddenly doubled. Can you imaging how hard it would have been to get TP after what happened last March?

Yeah, and they are definitely tying things into the reverse snap causing a shit-ton of chaos throughout the world.

I'm enjoying that they are willing to do these series, and explore these things that they couldn't do in a movie, while giving us movie-level budgets/production quality.

My wife is not a super-hero movie person.  She watched both Ant-Man movies because… Paul Rudd.  She was mildly intrigued overhearing some parts while I was watching this.  So she asked “What’s it about”?   How the heck do you summarize the MCU without taking an hour or sounding like an insane person?

• Haha 2