The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+

mdmost

8 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I can't seem to find a post credits scene....

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Me either wtf are yall talking about?

Maybe The Living Eraser erased it?

I was joking, but then again, in the first episode we had Batroc the Leaper, Flag Smasher, the next Falcon (Torres) and US Agent.

And they seem to be setting up The Scourge.

DC fucks up their biggest characters.

Marvel takes obscure characters and makes them half-decent.

Agatha Harkness in WandaVision.

In Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Batroc the Leaper

spacer.png

The next Falcon

spacer.png

And the dickhead version of Captain America (images online basically look like CA)

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

I thought Episode 1 was great.

I don't know anything about the comic books other than I've heard Falcon eventually becomes Cap, so I'm interested in how he does that and actually gets some kind of super power. If it's just Sam with the shield that isn't exactly Captain America.

2 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

I thought Episode 1 was great.

I don't know anything about the comic books other than I've heard Falcon eventually becomes Cap, so I'm interested in how he does that and actually gets some kind of super power. If it's just Sam with the shield that isn't exactly Captain America.

So far, they are sticking to Bucky being the super soldier of the two (hence his being 106 years old). 

Sam is talented as hell, as witnessed by his flying abilities.

Do you guys not remember Batroc being in Captain America: TWS?

I liked the first episode. The big action piece was great, but I wonder if there will be more of that or if it will be mostly just a human drama with Sam and Bucky just dealing with their personal shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

They've already shown Bucky and Sam fighting Flagsmashers on the roof of a moving tanker truck in the trailer. "That little girl just kicked your ass". There will be action. This will be the Disney+ version of The Winter Soldier movie. It's also 6 episodes instead of 9 so the storyline shouldn't lag. 

Edited by mdmost

44 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Do you guys not remember Batroc being in Captain America: TWS?

I liked the first episode. The big action piece was great, but I wonder if there will be more of that or if it will be mostly just a human drama with Sam and Bucky just dealing with their personal shit.

I do, but figured he was a throwaway character in TWS.  

I don't think it will be just a human drama and their personal shit.  The trailers have shown Sam and Bucky with the Shield and fighting the Flag Smashers, and when you look at Batroc/Flag Smasher(s)/US Agent/Torres's Falcon, etc. being pulled into the series, as well as Zemo, there is too much there for it to be simple.

Flag Smasher(s) was a brilliant character to bring in - the blip was the perfect backdrop for the Flag Smasher's ideals, as it wreaked havoc on the entire world and probably caused a lot of people to reconsider how things operate.  Those first few years had to be insanely hard for nations, and the infrastructure that supports humanity, to get their feet back under them.  People get their shit together, maybe a bunch of people/cities/countries start doing better with half of everybody gone, and then all of the sudden, 4 billion people come back into existence.  Groups like the Flag Smashers would definitely grow in numbers, and you have the perfect intro for US Agent.

Spoiler

In the comics, Batroc's people, the MCU's LAF, were hired by Hydra? to kill Captain America.  If F/WS is a continuation of the Captain America movies, it could be that Zemo is the one hiring LAF, or could be behind the Flag Smashers.

Edited by atomheartbevo

16 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Apparently Pepper is too busy selling candles to notice a member of the team is down and out.

Not just any candles.  Vagina candles.

But I've actually been thinking about this-- in a world where Tony has just died, Cap has lived a full life and given up the shield, the Avengers took it on the chin many times and are probably licking their wounds, crazy Wanda is holding an entire town hostage, and as pointed out earlier in the thread, the world's population just doubled after 5 years and the US government is likely reeling from the burden of supporting all of these returning people, it might make some sense that Sam is slipping through the cracks.

If Tony were still around, then Sam would likely still be taken care of.  But he's gone, and everyone else is taking the time to focus on themselves for the first time in over a decade.  If the writers are smart, this is something they could explore as the series unfolds.

51 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Who the fuck is US Agent?

John Walker, the guy named as the new Captain America.

As a character, it's complicated - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Agent

He's a knock-off.  His ideals were not as lofty as Cap's, he wasn't the moral compass that Cap was.  He was patriotic, but he would cross lines that Cap wouldn't.

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Seems kinda Commie, but ok ;):

Yeah, when they were drawing up these characters - some of them Stan Lee admitted to just pulling out of a dictionary.

Flag smashers seem perfect for a post-Blip world.

Really hope we see more of how the world changed when half the population disappeared.

Hey, idea for a spinoff series.

#ReleaseTheBlipCut

54 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I just wish Falcon could get the super soldier serum. Without it, he's one punch from being dead. I know none of it is believable but at least put him on a level playing field within the rules of the Marvel Universe.

Things work differently in the MCU.

Torres' head should have splattered when he was kicked on the pavement.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I just wish Falcon could get the super soldier serum. Without it, he's one punch from being dead. I know none of it is believable but at least put him on a level playing field within the rules of the Marvel Universe.

Nah. He’s just a different flavor of Ironman, from that perspective. Even using Stark tech. 

10 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Nah. He’s just a different flavor of Ironman, from that perspective. Even using Stark tech. 

The flavor is the iron man budget model. The opening scene while entertaining kept making me think that this mission should have been assigned to War Machine who has an iron man suit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Its been meh to me so far. I liked wandavision better, action is solid I just cant get into the storyline. I am sure things will pick up

Yep. A big problem is that neither character is compelling. Well, Bucky was before he turned all emo. Also, neither is particularly likable.

Two nits to pick:

1. Spoiler

1. They're a little sloppy with the action sequences. For example when the Winter Soldier is shoved out the back of the truck, the two Super Soldiers are waiting and standing on the roof of the one following with no indication of how they got up there. Something similar happened last week that caught my eye, but I can't recall it off the top of my head. I dunno, it just stuck out.
    2. Compared to WandaVision, this series is lacking in overall the creativity of its writing and dialogue feels like a bit of a letdown in comparison.

I'll keep watching though.