The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+

mdmost

I hate how inconsistent they make Bucky where he struggles with one person, but then in another scene you see him beating the living shit out of multiple people. The Bucky from winter soldier and civil war is a pit bull who fucks everyone up, handles Falcon with ease more than once, and had to be put in a hydraulic press to calm the fuck down. I know he's no longer under mind control, but fuck writers, make up your fucking mind of how you want this guy portrayed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Zemo is a great villain because you hear what he says and you have to think, well he's not wrong. 

Reveal hidden contents

Are they setting up Sharon to be the Power Broker?

Spoiler

Either Sharon is, works directly for him, or she’s working for Fury and Co., or Zemo is pulling a Keyser Söze     

I don’t feel like they are introducing any major new characters with only three episodes left   

I’ve wondered if Sharon was a Skrull since she seemed different than she was in the movies   

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

On the latest New Rock Stars recap episode, he said that it is disjointed because at the last minute they cut out a major subplot about an epidemic that affected those that had blipped. It was too close for comfort due to COVID. There’s still remnants of it that resulted in plot points that go nowhere like the vaccine heist and the woman dying from the disease.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

Zemo is a great villain because you hear what he says and you have to think, well he's not wrong. 

Hide contents

Are they setting up Sharon to be the Power Broker?

yeah, one minute she’s all - “i have been on the run for 2 years i have no place to go!”

then it’s - “i guess you guys can hang out and stay safe at my spot in hightown.”

cut to: ridiculous tricked out pad with priceless artwork and wet bar. we were watching and were like hey, when did zemo get a cocktail?

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 11:22 PM, crony said:

I hate how inconsistent they make Bucky where he struggles with one person, but then in another scene you see him beating the living shit out of multiple people. The Bucky from winter soldier and civil war is a pit bull who fucks everyone up, handles Falcon with ease more than once, and had to be put in a hydraulic press to calm the fuck down. I know he's no longer under mind control, but fuck writers, make up your fucking mind of how you want this guy portrayed.

Marvel has always had this issue.  It's like they don't know how to regulate or balance true risk or jeopardy so the inconsistently write the hero's powers.  Ironman may be the most consistently written in this sense but Thor, Hulk, even someone like Quill are all sort of written strangely.  And then of course the big cheat in the final arc movies of making Hulk a no-show in IW and Thor basically one in Endgame.  Two horrible decisions.

Bucky should be easily kicking more ass in this but I guess they want the viewer to think, it's easier to destroy and kill then it is to protect and save.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

On the latest New Rock Stars recap episode, he said that it is disjointed because at the last minute they cut out a major subplot about an epidemic that affected those that had blipped. It was too close for comfort due to COVID. There’s still remnants of it that resulted in plot points that go nowhere like the vaccine heist and the woman dying from the disease.

This explains a lot of things about the pacing and some of the plot point issues.

I read somewhere early on that it was going to be more than 6 episodes, but covid really took a bite out of their filming schedule and, now we know, subplots. It wasn't like WandaVision where they were filming a lot of small-scale scenes and could easily work within the covid guidelines.

Also, the whole GRC/US Agent thing seemed really off from the start - on the one hand, I like it when Marvel throws stuff out there, and doesn't hold your hand and spend time explaining it.  On the other, if the GRC was trying to keep a pandemic in check that was affecting those who blipped, and if they had the kind of global power where they could be busting down doors in various countries with multinational teams (with people like John Walker), I could see a helluva lot more resentment from those who were left behind.

The vaccine heist, the woman dying from the disease, and some other things here and there make a helluva lot more sense with a pandemic backdrop.

The series was filming late in 2019, but had to halt in March, 2020, and resumed in September, so that did them no favors.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, HoustonFrog said:

Yeah this is super mediocre. Falcon isn’t good and Bucky is annoyingly bi-polar. Tired of the “staring” joke, was never funny. Too many things going on and lack of definition. Not even close to WandaVision and Loki looks awesome

This. But I will say, like everyone else, that I'm a Zemo fan. He is awesome and adding some life and flavor to this cold, dead fish. 

Someone said this was direct by the John Wick which is funny because I had a thought to myself this felt like a cheaper, worse John Wick episode with the bounty being texted to everyone via the phone and the techno party amongst violence.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

This. But I will say, like everyone else, that I'm a Zemo fan. He is awesome and adding some life and flavor to this cold, dead fish. 

Someone said this was direct by the John Wick director which makes sense, because I had a thought to myself this felt like a cheaper, worse John Wick episode with the bounty being texted to everyone via the phone and the techno party amongst violence.

Written by John Wick writer.  The director is the same lady throughout all 6 episodes.  This appears to be something they (Marvel and Star Wars) are doing with certain shows - having one director for the entire run - Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Loki, etc.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Written by John Wick writer.  The director is the same lady throughout all 6 episodes.  This appears to be something they (Marvel and Star Wars) are doing with certain shows - having one director for the entire run - Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Loki, etc.

Gotcha. One of the more interesting things about The Mandolorian (which I liked) was the use of different directors, which provided for different styles that were pretty discernible week to week. I thought this episode was the best yet and not because of the attempt to spice it up a la John Wick creative world building and techno-villian-party-undergrounds, but because the Baron Zemo.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

One director telling the same story throughout different releases, providing continuity and a general sense of where they want the plot to go? What a novel and interesting concept for Star Wars. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

How did this director land this gig? I looked and it didn’t look like she had done much else.

Marvel has had some weird hires with the movies that worked out.  Russo Brothers as an example - TV guys who started out with Arrested Development and then Community, and less than 10 years later, put out the highest-grossing movie of all time. Look at James Gunn.

They have some kind of criteria that seems to be a mystery of sorts. It's not like some of these directors are really well known either before they are grabbed by Marvel.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:36 PM, CooterBrown said:

From February 2020

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/what-i-heard-this-week-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-2/

In a potentially disturbing case or art imitating life, the plot of the upcoming Disney Plus series may have been altered as the coronavirus has continued to spread through the world and approaches being considered a pandemic. As many of you know, the production company for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is Pandemic Productions LLC. The earliest of plot “leaks”, speculation and made up stuff all shared a common thread: some sort of of device unleashing a pandemic on the populace. In some cases, it was the Madbomb; in others, it was a terrorist group unleashing a bioweapon. Whichever one you liked best, the rumors were certainly out there that the show was set to feature something of the sort.

By the time The Falcon and The Winter Soldier streams in August, it is likely that the disease will have met the criterion to be considered a true pandemic (the last global pandemic was the H1N1 virus which killed as few as 151,000 and as many as 575,000 people worldwide, according to the CDC). 

From what I’ve been hearing, Disney may be proactively trying to get ahead of what could be a potential disaster for the studio by rewriting and, as a result, reshooting parts of the series, with a heavy emphasis on the seasons first couple of episodes.

• Hook 'Em 1

I like it, it’s not a great as WandaVision and I’m guessing Loki but it’s good for us.

Zemo is fun! I like his role so far.

Also like the White Wolf and Smiling Tiger.

It’s better when they aren’t brooding and depressed but rather doing the Murtaugh and Riggs routine

I said this in WandaVision towards the last half of the season - they weren't going to introduce some brand new character (Mephisto) out of thin air so late in the in the series, and have him or her be the ultimate baddie.

I think the same here.  Power Broker is

Spoiler

Sharon Carter or William Hurt's Thunderbolt Ross.

Unless I missed it, Nagel was creating the serum at the behest of the PB, so that rules out Zemo.