Pelicans v Warriors

Chapo

7 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Green is such a cunt but works his ass off.

Isn’t he also one assist away from a triple double?

its official now triple double. 

Edited by SDG

13 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

This series has very little chance of going beyond 4 games.

Yeah, unfortunately people probably got a little prematurely carried away with New Orleans. They'll win a game with AD being a beast. Possibly even 2 (unlikely), but really hard to see the outcome ever feel in doubt. As bad of a matchup as New Orleans was for Portland, the Warriors may be even worse for NO.

San Antonio (can guard GS as well as anyone, but can't possibly hope to score on them) and New Orleans (absolutely cannot stop even their very vanilla Steph-less offense) were the absolute two best teams for Golden State to draw, especially without Steph. And they got both of them.

No one except AD can matchup with their length on either side of the ball, and they couldn't care less how fast New Orleans wants to play.

1 minute ago, SDG said:

I’m pretty sure they had won a championship just prior.  

The only players left on Miami from their 06 team were Wade and Haslem I believe?

Don't get me wrong, Bosh joining helped too obviously, but Durant(who is a hall of fame player no matter what--regardless of where he played or how many rings he ultimately would have ended up winning) joined a team with 3, potentially 4 eventual hall of fame level players on it. That's just.....unfathomably bitch made.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SDG said:

Exactly. Not gonna rehash, but getting out of Oklahoma is a good thing. 

Not saying it wasn't, I hate Westbrook and the way he plays and the way people just seem to ignore that everyone who leaves him somehow plays way better on the next team. I think he's a shitty teammate. I wish OKC would have traded that idiot and built around Harden/Durant and Kevin could have won his titles there in a respectable manner. 

But they didn't and now we get to watch what is essentially the dream team sweep their way through the playoffs and there's no drama and it's just not any fun. And this is without Curry.

Edited by Pam Cummings

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Not saying it wasn't, I hate Westbrook and the way he plays and the way people just seem to ignore that everyone who leaves him somehow plays way better on the next team. I think he's a shitty teammate. I wish OKC would have traded that idiot and built around Harden/Durant and Kevin could have won his titles there in a respectable manner. 

But they didn't and now we get to watch what is essentially the dream team sweep their way through the playoffs and there's no drama and it's just not any fun. And this is without Curry.

They're not fucking sweeping the Rockets. These are the New Orleans Pelicans, not the '96 Bulls. Relax.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

They're not fucking sweeping the Rockets. These are the New Orleans Pelicans, not the '96 Bulls. Relax.

Exactly. Would it be better if the NBA told free agents where ot got?  

1 minute ago, SDG said:

Exactly. Would it be better if the NBA told free agents where ot got?  

I'm not saying they should. I'm saying that when the best scorer of all time joins a team like Golden State, who really he should have beaten the year before and probably would have beaten eventually, nobody is going to be able to keep up and things aren't going to be very competitive.

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm not saying they should. I'm saying that when the best scorer of all time joins a team like Golden State, who really he should have beaten the year before and probably would have beaten eventually, nobody is going to be able to keep up and things aren't going to be very competitive.

Please go back and read some of the interviews. The move was as much about life choices as BB. 

For those who questioned Draymond's inclusion in SI and ESPN's Top 10 players list to begin the season, or think that he's just a product of Steph, I think tonight makes a pretty valid case. He has a triple-double as the starting center against AD, and has dominated a playoff game without scoring. He's the best, most intelligent, versatile, defensive player in the league, and that intelligence translates to the offensive side of the court as well. 

I think he's the best 2nd best player in the league (currently on a team where he gets to be 3rd best). Pair him with any of the true superstars--LeBron, KD, Steph, Harden, etc.--and you're going to win a shit ton of games. It hardly matters that he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

For those who questioned Draymond's inclusion in SI and ESPN's Top 10 players list to begin the season, or think that he's just a product of Steph, I think tonight makes a pretty valid case. He has a triple-double as the starting center against AD, and has dominated a playoff game without scoring. He's the best, most intelligent defensive player in the game, and that intelligence translates to the offensive side of the court as well. 

I think he's the best 2nd best player in the league (currently on a team where he gets to be 3rd best). Pair him with any of the true superstars--LeBron, KD, Steph, Harden--and you're going to win a shit ton of games. It hardly matters that he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Draymond's BBIQ is through the roof. 

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

draymond is great, but he is not the 2nd best player in the league.  come on now.

The best 2nd best player. (Yeah, sorry, I couldn't figure out how to word that cleaner.) Meaning he can't be the best player on your team if you want to be good, but if he's the 2nd best player on your team, you're probably really, really good.

36 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

ah ok that makes much more sense.  yeah he's definitely the ideal #2 (while playing on a team where hes the #3).  

3.   He’s great as a 3.  You have to have 2 that can create their own shot or cause a defensive rotation for a third which means a great passer.... as a 4th, unfair.

i wonder what a team with draymond as the small ball 5, harden as the #1 option/guy who sets everything up, a couple of 3 & d wings like justice winslow and robert covington, and a 2 guard who can get his own shot like eric gordon or jamal murray would look like?  probably not enough size there and draymond can't play 5 full time, so you'd need a true 5 like nerlens noel who could log 20-24 minutes/game at the 5.  

that team probably doesn't win the title, but it's definitely a top 3 team in the league and a shit ton of fun to watch.