best ATX food truck

Kyrie Eleison

The Line Hotel at Cesar Chavez and Congress has a Veracruz tacos on the Congress side.  Its a takeout window . . . so it essentially operates like a truck.  

Many of the good bbq places are trucks (including Leroy & Lewis, Kerlin, Mickelwait, and Browns).  

Also, plenty of sit down restaurants in Austin offer outdoor seating options.  

Agree on Valentina’s. The Tex-mex truck at Radio Coffee is damn good too. They have a full bar inside Radio Coffee as well as all the coffee options with tons of outdoor seating. Pretty cool setting with lots of distance between tables with the majority of the seating under the canopy of huge oak trees. The owners are distant family so I plug them when I can.

https://www.radiocoffeeandbeer.com/

Edited by RMac5

I'd look into whether or not restaurants you like have patios. Many do.

Valentina's is totally legit. It's far south, but it's exceptional and totally worth the drive down. There's also a fried chicken sandwich truck next door to Valentina's called Pollos las Abuelas that's awesome if you're looking to do a bang-bang.

Cuantos tacos serves super delicious mini street tacos.

Las Trancas also makes legit street tacos.

Mickelthwait Craft Meats made Texas Monthly's Top-10 bbq last time around. They're fucking awesome. Their house-made sausage program usually has some interesting options.

La Tunita 512 and El Sabor Tapatio are doing legit birria if you want to get on the birria bandwagon.

Leroy & Lewis is great BBQ and is in the Cosmic Coffee & Beer Garden so you can get a coffee drink or mocktail while you're there, as I think I remember you don't drink. If I'm mistaken or you're back to ragin like a cajun, you can get a beer or a cocktail or 10 shots of whiskey. There's also a pretty good mexican trailer called Pueblo Viejo in the same space.

I believe Via 313 has food trucks in Craft Pride on Rainey Street and in Star Bar on West 6th. 

Veracruz All-Natural as noted above is in the Radio Coffee location and they've got a great outdoor setup. I'd second that recommendation. But it gets absurdly jammed up on weekends around breakfast time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 2/12/2021 at 1:48 PM, LonghornSean said:

Veracruz

went back after not having them for a few years. holy shit. I'm not sure how, but it seems to me their quality has gotten better. got a couple of the breakfast tacos, two pastor, two beef. they were all unbelievable. only complaint is they were too small. I wanted more!

Winston's Kitchen is great, especially the Jerk chicken wings. I love Banthai, Brown's BBQ, Patrizi's, Bombay Dhaba, Lucky's Italian Sandwiches, El Primo, and Casita Nicole Antojitos as well. Lots of good food trucks in Austin. I probably eat at food trucks more than restaurants these days.