I don’t post in here much

Judge Roybeanbag

But I wanted to post this article for my brother, John Patrick Pritchett.   He’s my brother by marriage but after 40 years, might as well be blood.  He is slowly dying of cancer, but keeps on working because he loves it.   Check out his IMDB listing and you’ll see what I mean.   Anyway bless you brother, you have given us a lifetime of entertainment.   

https://www.local695.com/magazine/news-of-the-world/?fbclid=IwAR3OBRDz5rmHrNS7xnM9eLeRjkRqOBi-vez6olKeP_krEAfk8l7v4VmRJnQ

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear that about your brother.  What an amazing list of films/shows on which to have worked, and two Oscar nominations to boot.  FWIW, I'll bet dollars to donuts he and a good friend of mine know each other from a bunch of the same movies ("Appaloosa" stood out to me where Robert was the screenwriter, second unit director, and a bit actor).  Great article and a wonderfully rich life doing what he loves.  Hope he makes it out the other side.  

Thoughts and prayers. 

It’s interesting when you sit back and think of all the people you never see that are behind the lens. Any flick takes so much to pull off and little spotlight for making it all happen. From the people running the cameras, lights, and building the sets, to the people in wardrobe, makeup, sound, lighting, and the whole shebang. Even the person in charge of catering. Takes a lot of folks, and most will never be known for their efforts.

In my various careers I’ve bumped elbows with a lot of “famous” people. Some are great, some are pure dicks. Some are really good people, but you can’t be in their shit for a quote, interview or pic at the wrong time. They’re people too, and I think one reason I could get to some people that others never or rarely could is I respected their working space.

Catch a race car driver at the wrong time, well, you should know better. Sometimes pushy isn’t the right way, and no wonder some celebrities dislike the media so much. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Just a bump, he got nominated for an Oscar again, for News of the World.  I'm ecstatic for him !  Good way to retire.

"News of the World" (Universal Pictures)
John Pritchett, Mike Prestwood Smith, William Miller, Oliver Tarney, Michael Fentum

OSCAR HISTORY:
Pritchett - 2 nominations (2002's "Road to Perdition" and 2005's "Memoirs of a Geisha")
Smith - 1 nomination (2013's "Captain Phillips")
Miller - Never nominated
Tarney - 3 nominations (2013's "Captain Phillips," 2015's "The Martian" and 2019's "1917")
Fentum - Never nominated
  • Hook 'Em 1