Top Chef Portland

Biff Tannen

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, looks alright to me.

brooke-williamson-before-and-after-plast

For now. But can she stop? Looking at the spray of two-bit tats running up and down both arms, I'd bet no. I recognize a fellow addict personality when I see one.

It's not that hard to fuck up a good thing.

image.png.4765b3bec048008b37d3dcb35c207614.png

image.png.372f310ed9271f193a2a36dce2e50ec0.png

image.png.6eca58ccbd1c0d7f0536230d6ac127cd.png

just saying...

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve seen some of my girlfriends go that route with fillers and lip enhancement. Yikes. One had some kind of facelift. She was a model. Now she looks completely different. Sad. Hard to fix bad work. 

Also, with LCK, there were only two legit people that could have come out of there and back to the competition so I was pleased with the result. 

I know she was never a contestant but I think a judge on Top Chef at least one time. At any rate, as far as large chests go for chefs (I have boob envy here) no one beats Nigella Lawson. 

I included a video of her and her breasts baking her chocolate chip cookies (great recipe btw) just for you guys. 
fast forward to two minutes in if you’re serious about baking the cookies. because the first two minutes are useless unless you are just watching her 

34E3F847-F795-41A3-965C-3330599E8E01.jpeg

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The masks were a little ridiculous after the entire QF without them. 

There were a shitload of re-recorded Padma voiceovers in the first couple segments, that’s rare for this show. 

Gail’s skirt & Padma’s top made the picnic/judges’ table quite a bit more fun. 

I agree on the masks.  I appreciate the sentiment of the episode, but it all felt forced to me, as do most of the cause challenges.  It was a good reminder of how bad things were 6-7 months ago, but with everything opening up now, and people trying to get back to a state of normalcy, it fell a little flat for me.  That's one of the perils of including current events in something that won't be seen for several months.  

We are really starting to see separation among the remaining chefs, with the same suspects routinely showing up in the top and the bottom.  I like Avashar, but I wasn't surprised to see him eliminated.  As I noted earlier, he just doesn't have the experience needed to be consistently good at the challenges.  He has good ideas, but can't always execute them.

They may not be the next to go, depending on whether the others cook to their potential, but I'm not expecting Maria and Chris to be around much longer unless they have some sort of epiphany. 

I think any of the other remaining chefs are talented enough to make it to the end, but my current final 3 are:

Gabe
Sara
Dawn

I know, I'm really going out on a limb there.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

We are really starting to see separation among the remaining chefs, with the same suspects routinely showing up in the top and the bottom.  I like Avashar, but I wasn't surprised to see him eliminated.  As I noted earlier, he just doesn't have the experience needed to be consistently good at the challenges.  He has good ideas, but can't always execute them.

They may not be the next to go, depending on whether the others cook to their potential, but I'm not expecting Maria and Chris to be around much longer unless they have some sort of epiphany. 

I think any of the other remaining chefs are talented enough to make it to the end, but my current final 3 are:

Gabe
Sara
Dawn

I know, I'm really going out on a limb there.

This.  Though I would add Shota over Dawn.  I think Dawn is more of a dark horse at this point.  I'm calling a Sara-Gabe finale.

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Dawn, Sara, Gabe, Shota and whoever is left from LCK2? When they brought back (spoiler) from LCK they clearly said it was LCK part one. So...still a shot for whoever survives part two. 

Part two is out if you want to know who it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Part two is out if you want to know who it is.

Thanks! I was trying not to spoil...lol.

Sara, Gabe and Dawn are definitely Judge favorites. Yogurt, Mole, and Seasoning. These are big themes. Restaurant Wars should be fun with the camera shit. I wonder if that will play a role (outside of the food) in who gets sent to purgatory. 

27 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Just can't get into this season. Turned off last night halfway through the episode.

It's a really boring group of personalities. Add Padma losing some heat off her fastball, and it's not that great of a watch. 

They need to do something to shake the format up a little bit, too. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Deej said:

It's a really boring group of personalities. Add Padma losing some heat off her fastball, and it's not that great of a watch. 

They need to do something to shake the format up a little bit, too. 

I mostly agree with item #1 of your post but disagree with the rest. The cast is somewhat dull but, top to bottom, is as talented as any season that wasn’t all stars. Padma still does it for me. I think the format is fine. The COVID tweaks they had to make are a one-off and might be contributing to your disdain for this season. 

14 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This is one of my favorite seasons. I think it’s about the most overall talented group they’ve ever had, there is no bullshit drama, thr challenges are innovative finally, and Gail is back and awesome.  

The past four or so seasons have been very nice to watch because the chefs mostly stopped the bullshit drama and gamesmanship.  They all help each other and know that they have to out-chef the other people, not sabotage them or be assholes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Deej said:

I thought it was getting stale before this season. 

The show had been on a roll. The last 5 seasons (California, Charleston, Colorado, Kentucky,All Stars) have all been really good. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

The past four or so seasons have been very nice to watch because the chefs mostly stopped the bullshit drama and gamesmanship.  They all help each other and know that they have to out-chef the other people, not sabotage them or be assholes.

I completely agree.  Thank goodness Bravo realized that we don't care about the drama and just want to see talented chefs compete.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Is that confirmed?  I know he was fired, but hadn't figured out what for.

I cannot find any reliable sources that specify harassment, only misconduct.  We can assume, but unless people in the know are talking, there's no way to know.  This Austin Chronicle article is the only real info I could find.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/food/2020-12-25/shakeup-at-comedor-after-high-profile-chef-out/

Glad I'm not the only one to struggled with this Covid episode.  I just told myself to be thankful that, at this time, it seems to be mostly in the rearview.

Sucks for Buckeye Boy.  IMO, one who under or overcooks something (drastically) should always be the first to go.  Underseasoning a meat product should fall second to raw tortillas.  That being said, there may have been more that wasn't shown.  I was shocked Shota didn't make the bottom 3 solely based on the appearance if his food.

44 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Who’s still alive? Don’t have to spoiler, we all had a week to watch. 

Spoiler

Sasha is still alive. Beat Avashar. 

Tonite should be very illuminating I think. So far the strategy of both teams is interesting...

• Like 1

"I've got the front of house. I'm the hostess with the mostest."

"Can someone do the glassware? I don't know how to do glassware."

Lulz.

Throws someone under the bus for glassware in 3...2...1...

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 1