Music Feuds: David Crosby vs. Phoebe Bridgers

UncleSonny

It is becoming Crosby's schtick to drum up attention by insulting other musicians on twitter.   I am pretty sure nobody under the age of 50 cares what Crosby has to say.  But he has figured out that he can get attention by insulting EVH, Bridgers or whoever else is in the news.  

Its also pretty funny that he is saying "I prefer people who can actually write songs" about a woman who writes (or at least co-writes) all of her songs.  And while Crosby wrote a few great songs, it is certainly not what he is famous for.      

8 minutes ago, DougO said:

She writes like those random emails I used to get that were just a bunch of words cut and pasted from different things and strung together with no particular purpose other than to generate a random email with words in it.

That's funny, I don't really get that at all from her writing. I think her lyrics tend to be pretty clear about whatever she's getting at without being so on the nose they are boring or cheesy. 

To be fair the last verse of "I know the end" does string together a lot of random shit. Reading through it, it has to be the most Bright Eyes song Conor Oberst ever ever wrote that's not actually a Bright Eyes song. Pretty easy to tell he co-wrote on that one. 

Either way, I dig it. 

Phoebe Bridgers is great. Respect for everything Crosby has done but maybe there’s a reason he’s famous for being an asshole.

I saw a picture of Isbell wearing a better Oblivion Community Center shirt. Maybe he can take some sense into him.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

I really like Phoebe's stuff with Conor Oberst.....That being said, here is Hiatt weighing in on the subject, back by my favorite band he has ever put together.  Michael Ward, Davey Faragher and Michael Urbano.  

I've seen Faragher several times with different bands.  LOVE that dude.  Once with Cracker, he wore a dress.  Converse Allstars and a fucking dress.  He also played bass on that video with Costello recorded in that small club Memphis.  

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hullabelew said:

I really like Phoebe's stuff with Conor Oberst.....That being said, here is Hiatt weighing in on the subject, back by my favorite band he has ever put together.  Michael Ward, Davey Faragher and Michael Urbano.  

I've seen Faragher several times with different bands.  LOVE that dude.  Once with Cracker, he wore a dress.  Converse Allstars and a fucking dress.  He also played bass on that video with Costello recorded in that small club Memphis.  

That song came to mind reading this thread.  Big Faragher fan too.  Any time I hear someone named "Davey," which is rare, I think of David and Goliath.

Slow Turning is a great album.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Crosby has hated the world since his girlfriend died in a car wreck in 1969.  That said, Bridges' guitar smash was almost as pathetic as Herman's sledgehammer antics.

It was very bizarre. And poorly executed. Her SNL performance didn't really make me more of a fan.

1 minute ago, NOMAAA said:

i dont get phoebe bridgers.

I'm not sure I do either. I loved "Dylan Thomas" for awhile. I still like it. It was my first exposure to Phoebe. I haven't liked anything nearly as much since.

• 1 month later...