Deshon Elliott

Patrick Bateman

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I hate this for him. 6th round draft picks that miss their entire rookie season with an injury are not going to be around for long. 

What are the rules on cutting an injured player like Elliott??  What kind of financial protection does he have??

Broken arm should heal within a couple months.

For normal stuff yes, for playing football as a safety that's optimistic. He theoretically could be back towards the end of the season, maybe playoffs. Even after the bone heals he'll have to start lifting again to rebuild lost muscle..

I didn't see the injury, but they are talking like it is more of a "forearm" (mid shaft) injury than "wrist" (distal radius +/- ulna) fracture. Either is likely to heal in about 6 weeks, but the former is still a weak point on the arm for another year after healing. If I am managing a roster and this guy has has a mid shaft fracture, I put him on IR. I hope he heals his injuries to his forearm and his loyalty.

54 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

How so? They already said it was likely season-ending. Baltimore is essentially redshirting him. He’ll rehab and then work out with the team to get ready for the 2019/20 season.

Well ideal would be not getting injured, so I'd agree this is less preferable than that.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Man, sometimes I forget just how good DeShon was his senior year.  Glad he’s finding success in the NFL.  He’s worked really hard.  

jr / sr year fuckup aside, he had a valid argument for Thorpe award that year, he was a beast for us.

and yeah if anybody gets a clip of the hit please post!