Neighbor's Fireplace Smoke

My schizophrenic next door neighbor north of me, has demolished his deck and is now burning it in his fireplace!  I've asked him not to because of the pressure treated pine is full of arsenic.  I didn't realize how porous my house is, the smoke is choking me.  I've asked him three times to stop, with no results.

I contacted the county (Travis), and was told burning pressure treated pine outside is a crime.  Can't prove what he's burning inside his home.

What is my legal recourse?  What are ways to evict him?

Cap off his chimney.  On a serious note, way back when I had a buddy who severely allergic to poison ivy.  His neighbor to the North burned some wood with some left PO twigs on it and damn near killed my buddy.  The smoke got in his lungs and F'd him up.  Tell him that story maybe it'll help.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

52 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

My schizophrenic next door neighbor north of me, has demolished his deck and is now burning it in his fireplace!  I've asked him not to because of the pressure treated pine is full of arsenic.  I didn't realize how porous my house is, the smoke is choking me.  I've asked him three times to stop, with no results.

I contacted the county (Travis), and was told burning pressure treated pine outside is a crime.  Can't prove what he's burning inside his home.

If you are at that point, it's probably going worth trying to buy his old deck boards off him or pay him to not to it.  Messy neighbor situations can spiral quickly and make like miserable for way longer than it's going to take for him to burn that deck.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:32 AM, Horn_Spanker said:

Is he really schizophrenic or you just saying that for insult?  

Also---bevo&pevo............we had a kid at summer camp way up in the northwoods near Canada.  We were making campfires and inadvertently tossed on some P.O. dried sticks.  Luckily he recognized it straight away from other incidents, and so we put it out.  I had no idea it could do that to lungs like it did to skin, we were just 8 or 9.  I'd like to think that kid grew up, moved to China, and ate a live bat to get back at society for his lung issues.