2021 schedule released

Machinator

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

between @TCU, v. OKL, @ISU, & @WVU, we drop 2 of 4.  Go 10-2 and make the Big XII title game as the second in.  Who knows after that but I think we play 14 games in 2021.  

I don't see any reason why WVU wouldn't suck again. Much more worried about ULL or even @Arky than @WVU

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There's a pretty good shot that @SydneyCarton and I will get to be on the Bama sidelines for that one, due to good friends who are inside the program. When the time comes, we'll have to plan out some ways on Surly that we can subvert their program from the inside while there. We were there for Florida/Bama in 2014 and that was a lot of fun. Saban in person is leprechaun-sized. Just a tiny, wee-man.

Might I suggest getting on tv with a sharpie in the butt

One of my favorite road tailgates was in Fayettenam in 2004. We parked in some random little parking lot for university maintenance trucks. Will Matthews’s parents drove up in a single cab Ford Ranger and parked next to us. A member of the 1969 Horns team rolled up in his RV and asked if he was allowed to park there and we said hell yeah, just threw down some cones. Quote of the Century from this former player was describing his RV: “it sleeps 4, but it fucks 8!”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Without a home and home setup with a quality out of conference opponent these home schedules are always going to be ass. There really is no one to look forward to playing in the Big 12 outside of ou.

The really sad part about this is we can't even count on the other 9 to be automatic wins each year.

7 minutes ago, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, F250 said:
Without a home and home setup with a quality out of conference opponent these home schedules are always going to be ass. There really is no one to look forward to playing in the Big 12 outside of ou.

The really sad part about this is we can't even count on the other 9 to be automatic wins each year.

Yeah, it would be nice if the benefit of playing a bland schedule was a cake walk to the playoffs but Nooooo. Just a bland schedule and losses to the little brother schools.

If we are serious about forecasting, this is an 8-4 schedule.  Injuries will be huge, especially the first part of the season when there is no week off.   Get lucky with injuries and 9-3 is possible, with a late-season surge.  After a bowl win we will be ranked top 15.  Next year is the big year, 10-2 or better. 

8 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Home schedule: ULL, Rice, Texas Tech, Ok State, Kansas, Kansas State. Quality slate right there

A ranked team from SEC country, a former SWC rival, and a bunch of teams Texas has played close games and/or lost to in recent memory, what more could you ask for?

*tongue is planted firmly in cheek

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:
  • No B12 opponent has a bye the week before playing blOU 
  • No B12 opponent has a bye the week before Okie Lite
  • No B12 opponent has a bye the week before West Virginia
  • No B12 opponent has a bye the week before Kansas
  • K-State & Texas Tech have bye weeks before Iowa State
  • Okie Lite and baylor have bye weeks before TEXAS
  • Texas and blOU have bye weeks before baylor
  • Tcu has no bye weeks during B12 league play

Almost like the B12 is totally incompetent and the worst conference in the power5

8 hours ago, F250 said:

But hey, with this pathetic conference we get to play blowU TWICE!

7 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Injuries will be huge, especially the first part of the season when there is no week off.   Get lucky with injuries and 9-3 is possible, with a late-season surge.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are there a bunch of guys coming back from season-ending injuries that I'm not aware of? Do you just mean "injuries" in general, that every team in every conference deals with? 

Also - which 4 teams on this schedule are penciling in a win against Texas?

I know ULL had a great season, but there's only one legit winning record/bowl qualifying team on that slate next year.  It's a garbage slate, but we'll have the excitement of getting back to a full stadium, the SEZ to see, and new Coach Sark.  I'm getting excited again, it'll be a fun rebuilding year.  We're hitting some away games and they'll literally be the first trips we'll have taken in 1.5+ years by that point (@ARK, @TCU, and then gonna do either @ISU or @WVU because we had so much fun at both of those a few years back---but just one this time...liver can't handle both).  Anyway, here's to everything back to normal in September like beating our opening opponents (Looking at you Tom for Maryland...twice!) 

On 2/12/2021 at 8:57 PM, Lobo said:

I know ULL had a great season, but there's only one legit winning record/bowl qualifying team on that slate next year.  It's a garbage slate, but we'll have the excitement of getting back to a full stadium, the SEZ to see, and new Coach Sark.  I'm getting excited again, it'll be a fun rebuilding year.  We're hitting some away games and they'll literally be the first trips we'll have taken in 1.5+ years by that point (@ARK, @TCU, and then gonna do either @ISU or @WVU because we had so much fun at both of those a few years back---but just one this time...liver can't handle both).  Anyway, here's to everything back to normal in September like beating our opening opponents (Looking at you Tom for Maryland...twice!) 

If I don't move back to Texas in the next few months, I'll be driving to Morgantown in November to see us beat down WV.  I like the schedule considering this being Sark's first season and the importance of getting this thing on track coming off the Herman era.  

5 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

If I don't move back to Texas in the next few months, I'll be driving to Morgantown in November to see us beat down WV.  I like the schedule considering this being Sark's first season and the importance of getting this thing on track coming off the Herman era.  

Very fun away game. Rowdy fanbase that treats visitors well.

• Hook 'Em 1