VY steakhouse

Tailgate

I'm sure he'll appreciate that, considering I don't think he's set foot in that building in the better part of a decade.  

Having said that, I've probably been in that place 20+ times and I've never had a steak there...but your pic looks pretty damn good.  

Edited by Lobo

For one thing, it's pricey.  Nothing against the steaks, I've always smelled/heard good things (kinda like with South Austin's Mom).  But just been there a bunch of times for events where it's passed appetizers and the like.  Everything is always delicious.  And it was always our go-to "pre-event" spot for anything happening at Brazos Hall or the Convention Center...so again, lots of snacks but never a sit-down steak dinner.  Would love to do it after Covid-19 though, if for no other reason than to pretend we're welcoming VY back to Austin.  

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm sure he'll appreciate that, considering I don't think he's set foot in that building in the better part of a decade.  

Having said that, I've probably been in that place 20+ times and I've never had a steak there...but your pic looks pretty damn good.  

He post pictures of himself there quite a bit on Instagram.....  Did Vince fuck your wife or what?

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He post pictures of himself there quite a bit on Instagram.....  Did Vince fuck your wife or what?

Oh you sweet thing, you don't know the half of it.  

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

It appears they may have overcooked your steak. 

Bullshit comments like that are exactly why I don’t go to steakhouses; I’ve given up on trying to teach wait people and line cooks their job.  If you want medium rare or Pittsburgh blue, eat it that way; I want MEDIUM WELL, goddamit-and I’m buying mine!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Doesn't Matress Mack's daughter own the place?  And isn't Megan Willis a social coordinator or something for them?

She does.  I wrote the P&C insurance for them for years.  Great people.  

And not sure what you are talking about Lobo.  Vince was there plenty, but not in a working capacity.  

• Hook 'Em 1

She does.  I wrote the P&C insurance for them for years.  Great people.  
And not sure what you are talking about Lobo.  Vince was there plenty, but not in a working capacity.  

Vince sold name and likeness a long time ago. That said, was a go-to place when I worked downtown. Never had a bad steak here, and Pappy at the bar. Miss that expense account...

On 2/11/2021 at 10:25 PM, Hook1997 said:

I was in there exactly once.  I asked the bartender if Vince ever came in.  She said "he left about 10 minutes before you got here".