Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Michael Knight

Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge will be putting a new spin on “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” for New Regency and Amazon Prime Video. The series, which is based on the 2005 hit New Regency film, is due in 2022.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLNfC6IpSNM/?igshid=jpwhvu804f8o

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/donald-glover-phoebe-waller-bridge-mr-mrs-smith-1234907452/

19 hours ago, Drew said:

But why though?

Meh, the movie was really really good.  I like both of them.  So I'll give it a shot.

They loved working together on Solo, they both respect the hell out of each other via their other projects (Fleabag, Atlanta, Killing Eve, etc), and I'm going to guess the series is going to be a re-imagining of the core idea.  Either much sillier or maybe much more tense, like Killing Eve.  It won't be the same thing and may even take place after the events of the movie.  We'll see, but you have two uber creative people at the apex of their natural talents, I'm going to guess it'll be intriguing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They loved working together on Solo, they both respect the hell out of each other via their other projects (Fleabag, Atlanta, Killing Eve, etc), and I'm going to guess the series is going to be a re-imagining of the core idea.  Either much sillier or maybe much more tense, like Killing Eve.  It won't be the same thing and may even take place after the events of the movie.  We'll see, but you have two uber creative people at the apex of their natural talents, I'm going to guess it'll be intriguing. 

Oh I didn’t mean it in a negative way. Just more of the “why they remaking good stuff instead of new stuff OR remaking good ideas that weren’t executed properly” 

33C1E1F9-EE8A-410B-9D6E-1AD8BB2A3C34.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1