Texas deep freeze carnage thread

immamac

On Tuesday, lawmakers on the Senate Business and Commerce Committee were frustrated that the new law allows natural gas companies to opt out of weatherization requirements if they don’t voluntarily declare themselves to be “critical infrastructure” with the state.

The state’s largest power generation company, Vistra Corp., has begun weatherizing its infrastructure, Vistra senior vice president Amanda Frazier told senators. But the company relies heavily on buying natural gas from other companies to fuel its power plants.

“So you’re weatherizing your plants, but your fuel supply is not?” Nichols asked Frazier during Tuesday’s hearing.  

“It’s an enormous concern of ours,” Frazier said.

They also criticized the timelines laid out by the legislation they approved earlier this year and by the rule-making process now underway at the Railroad Commission that has made weatherizing the state’s natural gas system — a key component of the power grid — a slow, frustrating task.

Senators told Wang they want the Railroad Commission to move more quickly to require gas companies to weatherize their equipment.

“I recognize the urgency,” Wang said.

“I don’t think you do,” said state Sen. Donna Campbell, R-New Braunfels.

Looking Up Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Updawg said:

Won’t take long for this to go cloak room but either they know something we don’t or they are already covering their their ass.

Those fuckers spent like 15 mins on the issue during the regular session. They know what’s going on but scared they fucked up

I started one last winter in the middle of snowmaggeddon.

Too tired to give a damn at the moment.

• Like 1

They know exactly what they did, they expect us to believe they all missed the year 2022 in their own legislation?

Grift, gaslight, and deflect, they all got the memo. Third-world countries have nothing on us in the corruption department. And they'll get away with it.

Unless.....I really don't want a bad winter, but I really want these assholes to be held accountable by the public, just at any level FFS. This is malfeasance on a grand scale.  We all saw it coming but damn if it still isn't like turning your back to the waves just once and getting dragged under again.

33 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

the "something is going on" is that they very purposely failed to do anything to require weatherization or other actions sorely needed before this winter and want to proactively be loud and blame another entity well before the shit hits the fan again? What am I missing 

Your avatar frighteningly matches up with this.