Maalikmas 2.0! - 2022 QB Maalik Murphy

mdmost

Been some chatter about being a raw kid, and untested in game situations. Well lets reflect on a young Vince or Colt? Secondly lets reflect even further back to Sark in college. Who taught Sark? One of the very best in his day Norm Chow.  Go back and look at some of the Norm Chow offenses. Simple but effective, stretch the field from side to side, top to bottom. He never had the best players in the country but used what he had to his full advantage. Now speed ahead and take a Norm Chow type offense and insert faster stronger players. I am really excited to see what results folks.....Hook 'EM

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Been some chatter about being a raw kid, and untested in game situations. Well lets reflect on a young Vince or Colt? Secondly lets reflect even further back to Sark in college. Who taught Sark? One of the very best in his day Norm Chow.  Go back and look at some of the Norm Chow offenses. Simple but effective, stretch the field from side to side, top to bottom. He never had the best players in the country but used what he had to his full advantage. Now speed ahead and take a Norm Chow type offense and insert faster stronger players. I am really excited to see what results folks.....Hook 'EM

Colt McCoy threw for over 9,000 yards in HS. VY had 12,987 yards total yards in HS. I don't really understand what your point is.

Edited by rvm96
Weird font
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

lets reflect even further back to Sark in college. Who taught Sark? One of the very best in his day Norm Chow.  Go back and look at some of the Norm Chow offenses. Simple but effective, stretch the field from side to side, top to bottom. He never had the best players in the country but used what he had to his full advantage. Now speed ahead and take a Norm Chow type offense and insert faster stronger players. I am really excited to see what results folks.....Hook 'EM

• Hook 'Em 1

Excited to see what results? We just saw it with Bama. That’s literally the results.

From Gerry:

Maalik Murphy - currently No. 16 in the Jr300. Believe he will end up 150-175 range over time

Based on what exactly? Has Gerry seen him play lately? But in the end I am sure Gerry is right, because it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

From Gerry:

Maalik Murphy - currently No. 16 in the Jr300. Believe he will end up 150-175 range over time

Based on what exactly? Has Gerry seen him play lately? But in the end I am sure Gerry is right, because it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

He has so little experience under live fire it's a near-guarantee he'll have some growing pains and drop under some more polished recruits. Nothing sinister.

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

From Gerry:

Nobody has. That ranking was based on camps and perceived upsides. It could be lower or higher but the kid has to actually play games (granted this year was stolen from him) to deserve the 5 star ranking. 

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He has so little experience under live fire it's a near-guarantee he'll have some growing pains and drop under some more polished recruits. Nothing sinister.

Then why rank him so high to begin with? They already know he has limited experience and is on a meh team. I'm interested to see how he does in camps. If the same potential shows that he showed as a sophomore, then he should keep his ranking. It isn't like a care about what other "experts" think, I just think it is stupid to rank someone high and then tell everyone that he is going to fall without any new evidence. To me, it just seems like some Texas recruitniks getting pissy because he's not Ewers.

Edited by Bevo

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Then why rank him so high to begin with? They already know he has limited experience and is on a meh team. I'm interested to see how he does in camps. If the same potential shows that he showed as a sophomore, then he should keep his ranking. It isn't like a care about what other "experts" think, I just think it is stupid to rank someone high and then tell everyone that he is going to fall without any new evidence. To me, it just seems like some Texas recruitniks getting pissy because he's not Ewers.

Early rankings are always super wonky and Gerry isn't the only voice in the room.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He will have a chance to put some stuff on scotchtape in a month hopefully and will probably have his whole senior season to silence the critics. I wouldn't worry about his ranking regardless though. He has exceptional arm talent and isn't really under pressure to play with 2 likely very good to excellent upperclassmen and 2  solid qbs on the roster ahead of him. Also sounds like he's a humble kid and won't portal if he's not starting immediately, which is quite valuable at QB.

This is the kind of luxury you have with your roster when you recruit a good qb every year.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1