2022 LB Trevell Johnson

Machinator

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

BBK was a smaller, quicker LB and the linchpin of PK's most successful defense (and Pac-12 DPOY). What's so odd?

I found “Athletic enough to play things wrong” an off way to describe his athleticism as well, fwiw. “Fast enough to play stupid” isn’t exactly the way I’d describe a guy, even if it’s true. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

That's just one of the oddest comps I've ever seen.

How is BBK a strange comp other than them not being the same skin color exactly? 

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I found “Athletic enough to play things wrong” an off way to describe his athleticism as well, fwiw. “Fast enough to play stupid” isn’t exactly the way I’d describe a guy, even if it’s true. 

He’s not saying he plays stupid, he’s saying he’s fast enough to take a false step or read a play wrong at first but recover and make the play, as opposed to a guy like Adeoye who’s dead in the water if he hesitated or reads the play wrong at all. Hell, Adeoye was dead in the water even when he read the play right half the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

How is BBK a strange comp other than them not being the same skin color exactly? 

He’s not saying he plays stupid, he’s saying he’s fast enough to take a false step or read a play wrong at first but recover and make the play, as opposed to a guy like Adeoye who’s dead in the water if he hesitated or reads the play wrong at all. Hell, Adeoye was dead in the water even when he read the play right half the time. 

I know what he was saying man. I’m not an idiot. I was simply saying I thought the way he said it was odd. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

• 9 months later...