Bourbon

Jimbaround

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

God I haven’t been able to find Weller 12 in over a year or more. 

The other day I found a 750, unopened, in my office inside a TV cabinet that I never use. I have no recollection of squirreling it away there some years ago.

Pleasant surprise.

• Like 2

I see Weller SR and Antique out here in CA with regularity, but I haven't bought any in a long time because prices skyrocketed.  I don't see the 12 in stores as much -- just occasionally.

The flipside of that coin is that Eagle Rare is still plentiful and relatively cheap ($30-35) out here. 

I heard it hit Austin last week and this week, so I checked a few places, and was lucky to get one. I will not be selling or trading for kidneys. I will be drinking. But I might save for a special occasion and drink this 4R Small Batch Select not pictured and see if it lives up to the hype. 

1 hour ago, thestud said:

I’m not a rye guy at all. I’ve got a handful but nothing spectacular by any means. If you’re wanting to do some sample swapping I’m down with that as well. I’m DFW but I ship all the time. Doesn’t hurt to have a friend with an unlimited box and bubble wrap supply. Ain’t that right BigD lol

I'll send you a pm.

Bulleitt 12 Year Rye is pretty good, and smooth as hell, but I agree with the I wish it were it were a higher proof criticism. It doesn't punch above its weight class. It's 92 proof and it tastes like it's 92 proof. It would be excellent anywhere north of 105 proof. 

Think the rye version of IW Harper 15. I'd still recommend buying it. Good luck finding a MGP 12 year rye anywhere on this planet for $50. 

I’ve seen KO Confiscated prices vary from $99-$189 per bottle. What I have yet to see is any similar variation on the Batch 2 prices. They’ve held steady at $189-$199. I still haven’t opened my Batch 2, I’m afraid I’m going to be disappointed and a $200 mistake makes me ragey.

I’ve seen a number of Batch 2s go for $150. It’s a good pour. Maybe not where I would sink $150 given options. But I’ve paid more (like you).

Bit of a sucker buy at MSRP. And I’m a sucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen KO Confiscated prices vary from $99-$189 per bottle. What I have yet to see is any similar variation on the Batch 2 prices. They’ve held steady at $189-$199. I still haven’t opened my Batch 2, I’m afraid I’m going to be disappointed and a $200 mistake makes me ragey.

I’ll give you a sample of mine. I really like it.
I will say it’s not as good as Batch 1, but it’s a good bottle.

4 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

Super tater here. My unopened backups alone are full potato. 

I think it’s only potato to buy stuff on the secondary market, and Peerless. 

Peerless is the most baffling of the tater buys. I don’t care what’s in it. It’s a two year old rye. Period. End of sentence. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think it’s only potato to buy stuff on the secondary market, and Peerless. 

Peerless is the most baffling of the tater buys. I don’t care what’s in it. It’s a two year old rye. Period. End of sentence. 

That’s me. Potato. I don’t have the luxury of hunting down bottles I want to drink. More than happy to pay others to do it for me. 

That's the first time I've heard of Andalusia. I see they're loosely affiliated with Real Ale. Not surprising as Blanco is a really small town. 
Might be worth the stop. 

Don’t know how far out they’ve made it, but they’ve been on the shelves of Austin TW’s for a while.

51 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Yeah. I have that one. It’s Dickel. If you were in Houston, I’d let you try it’s MGP twin. MGP dusts it. 

I bought a bottle of Old Scout Single Barrel in January 2018. It was OK. Nothing spectacular. Was it MGP or Dickel?

The Dickel sourced Smooth Ambler 107 is pretty good, but it is a store pick.