Bourbon

Jimbaround

So jealous of you Texas guys getting all the Weller 12 shipments. I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't have a bottle of my own unless I crack and pay ridiculous secondary pricing. 
Yep. In the last 5 years I've seen it on a shelf once for $99. I'm sure it will be more the next time i see it.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
7 minutes ago, ISUCyclones said:
So jealous of you Texas guys getting all the Weller 12 shipments. I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't have a bottle of my own unless I crack and pay ridiculous secondary pricing. 

Yep. In the last 5 years I've seen it on a shelf once for $99. I'm sure it will be more the next time i see it.

I saw it on the shelf in nashville a few weeks ago for $199.99. First time I'd seen one on the shelf before, I clearly passed though. 

On 8/2/2019 at 5:56 AM, RaylanGivens said:

Specs guys I talked to at three different stores said they were overwhelmed with calls about W12 on Thurs and Fri., most stores only had 1-2 cases, 6 per case, and sold out in a few hours.

Yeah, I got a LOL when I hit up the Spe s guy for W12. Talked to a guy I know that works at a local liquor store and said they have some but the owner is sitting on them and will be selling them off at a marked up price.

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Yes, the bourbon market is absurd right now. At the same time, it’s flush with great bourbon that no one drinks. Evan Williams Single Barrel. Larceny. OF Rye. Russel Reserve Single Barrel. 

Store Picks only for me on Russell Reserve Single Barrel. 

I'd add anything made by Wild Turkey and Jim Beam to your list. If it's not a store pick, it just sits on the shelf. 

TX sold to the Frogs.

https://www.star-telegram.com/living/food-drink/article233548967.html?fbclid=IwAR1J0ZuerTbfAGX_orSv-sCuy35EVSd_ZEnATmyKZshdamQ5O4r8yeUUtyY

TX Whiskey is about to go global. Fort Worth born-and-bred Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co.has been acquired by Paris-based Pernod Ricard, a worldwide producer of wines and spirits that owns more than dozen major spirit brands including Absolut Vodka, Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Malibu rums and Beefeater gin.

The deal, which took place through Pernod Ricard USA, also includes Whiskey Ranch, Firestone & Robertson’s expansive distillery and event venue located on the former Glen Garden Golf & Country Club grounds just east of downtown.

In a press release Pernod Ricard chairman and CEO Alexandre Ricard said, “The addition of TX, which is an exceptional super premium whiskey blended by skilled Texan craftsmen, represents a very promising venture which strengthens our portfolio and footprint in the United States.”

TOP ARTICLES
1.jpg?mode=crop&width=864&height=4861.jpg?mode=crop&width=864&height=486

SKIP AD

5.jpg?mode=stretch&connatiximg=true&scale=both&height=405&width=720

Paul Duffy, chairman and CEO of Pernod Ricard North America said, “The TX Blended Whiskey distinguishes itself as a brand poised for tremendous growth. The team at Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. have done an excellent job developing the brand, and we are keen to build on this success. We will continue to reinforce the community of loyal TX brand ambassadors, both as we expand distribution and as we welcome consumers to the Whiskey Ranch.”

Unlimited Digital Access: Only $0.99 For Your First Month

Get full access to Star-Telegram content across all your devices.

SAVE NOW

The brand’s namesake founders, Leonard Firestone and Troy Robertson, shared many thanks and praise to their team and longtime customers in a statement.

“This is an exciting day for all of us at Firestone & Robertson. Building our company and producing award-winning whiskies has been a truly remarkable experience. We are so proud of our team, and grateful to the many people that supported our efforts over the years. It is an extraordinary opportunity to partner with Pernod Ricard, and we are confident this relationship will accelerate the growth of our brands while preserving our roots and shared core values.”

www.frdistilling.com

TX Whiskey has decided to preserve the Glen Gardens golf course.

TX Whiskey has decided to preserve the Glen Gardens golf course. RODGER MALLISONRMALLISON@STAR-TELEGRAM.COM

Pernod Richard surprisingly doesn't own any Kentucky bourbons. They do own Redbreast, respect. I guess they figure this gives them a foothold in Texas? 

After Balcones Pot Still flopped, I might be off Texas bourbons for good. I'll give the Balcones Wheater a shot, but I'm not going to Waco to try it. 

I don't want to be a snob here, but the Texas climate isn't conducive for bourbon. Flame away from Jim Garrison sock account. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dogfishhead said:

efed7b4640029bbde4d204bed7e1702d.jpg

Found this ghetto discontinued old Ezra 7 for $21. It’s not barrel strength but damned good for that price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware of they discontinued that. It certainly makes sense with Old Ezra 7 Barrel Strength winning awards and becoming their signature brand. 

Speaking good sourced bourbons, I assume Boone County 12 is dead and gone? 

32 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wasn't aware of they discontinued that. It certainly makes sense with Old Ezra 7 Barrel Strength winning awards and becoming their signature brand. 

Speaking good sourced bourbons, I assume Boone County 12 is dead and gone? 

Yep, gone for good. They have a new sourced version out now with a blend of something, like 4 and 14 year or something. 

1 minute ago, ISUCyclones said:

Yep, gone for good. They have a new sourced version out now with a blend of something, like 4 and 14 year or something. 

Geezus, it's probaby 90 to 95% 4 year. RIP. I didn't heed the warnings. I have one bottle left.

What do you think is the next big thing that will actually be on shelves? 

Been searching for this one for a loooong time.

ee1c644b512ec8f7ed6002600aa393d3.jpg

I bought a bottle of the bourbon maybe 4 years ago(?). I thought it might be a gimmick, but got-damn it was a nice bottle. I’ve got a few drops left, just as a reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Geezus, it's probaby 90 to 95% 4 year. RIP. I didn't heed the warnings. I have one bottle left.

What do you think is the next big thing that will actually be on shelves? 

Who knows with how crazy bourbon is now. Two things I've enjoyed lately that aren't hard to get here (northern Kentucky) are 8 and sand and new riff rye single barrel. 8 & sand is a great daily drinker. 

Edited by ISUCyclones