Bourbon

Jimbaround

21 hours ago, Dogfishhead said:

dc239300c3ccd4010d367bdb5d02343b.jpg

Got myself a bottle today. Looking forward to trying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to the fine folks on Surly, I got the last one in the locked cabinet at Spec's (at least that's what they told me).  I sent a pic of it to a buddy and he told me they have several on the shelf at Total Wine.

I'd take that fuckstick seriously as a hand model if he was smart enough to know not to wear that checkered pattern shirt against the checkered pattern jacket.  Nevermind the color pallate of that up against the blue label of the bourbon bottle.  I haven't seen a bourbon induced patter of business like that since we all got wasted on Blanton's and pulled a train on that guy's mom.  Now that was busy on bourbon...

21 minutes ago, thestud said:

You will thoroughly enjoy it. Night and day difference between the two. I’m not at liberty to discuss how many RR SiB SP’s I’ve acquired in the last few months, but they w all been worth it at $60/bottle.

Agree on this.  The Village Liquor store pick in Houston was great.

Not all store picks are created equal.  An account may get an occasional gem picking samples out of a briefcase, but the good bottles come from those accounts who have long-standing relationships with the distiller/distillery and actually travel and pick out of these rickhouses.  I do hope you’ve found yourself a good bottle to drink. 

Please elaborate or send a PM. 

My buddy from South Dakota mailed me the ECBP and one of the McKenna 10s. I found the ER10 and the other McKenna 10 at the four letter store. Bought him some balcones single barrel single malt and baby blue since he can’t get that up north. It’s a good business relationship that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, Dogfishhead said:

My buddy from South Dakota mailed me the ECBP and one of the McKenna 10s. I found the ER10 and the other McKenna 10 at the four letter store. Bought him some balcones single barrel single malt and baby blue since he can’t get that up north. It’s a good business relationship that’s for sure.

Nice. I assume the four letter store keeps McKenna10 in the back now. 

I must have hit a bad barrel. I didn't like McKenna bottle I bought at Total Wine a couple years back. I've tried it since at bars and loved it. Of course, it's darned near impossible to find now. 

Bummer. In Chattanooga for the weekend and the Jax Liquors two blocks away has a pretty respectable bourbon wall. Thought I’d found something new and good.

They have a store pick of Elijah Craig Small Batch and a bunch of local stuff but nothing else super interesting.

6 hours ago, thestud said:

You will thoroughly enjoy it. Night and day difference between the two. I’m not at liberty to discuss how many RR SiB SP’s I’ve acquired in the last few months, but they w all been worth it at $60/bottle.

It is night and day. This has a good spice to it. Very robust for the proof. Me likey 

Edited by Neonmoon

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Truly terrible given the pedigree. I still can't believe how bad it is. 

In other news, Hancock's Reserve remains delicious. 

Accurate on both counts. That said, for mb#2 (and there is no wrong answer/bad option, just personal) my order is SFTB > RHF > Gold > ETL > BSiB > Hancock 

2 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

Accurate on both counts. That said, for mb#2 (and there is no wrong answer/bad option, just personal) my order is SFTB > RHF > Gold > ETL > BSiB > Hancock 

Interesting placement of Rock Hill Farms. I’ve been sitting on a bottle waiting for a replacement. I’ve only seen it in the wild once. 

*Hot take alert* : I like Hancock better than regular ole Blanton’s. It’s a power proof, but still somehow more complex. I love bourbons that punch above their weight. 

It’ll never happen, but I wish Buffalo Trace would give Hancock’s Reserve the attention it deserves. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

My self challenge was to find a 6-8 bottles of Blantons by Labor Day.  Scored these (6) 375 ML bottles, and 6 more small ones, in a whole case yesterday (shared the haul with a good friend, who'll drink a good bit with me).  So I was able to get (6) 750 ML's worth...  

I'm happy, and fairly well set for the holiday season, for Blantons at least.

FullSizeRender-126.jpg

• Like 6