Bourbon

Jimbaround

23 hours ago, 'stache said:

Two store picks from OKC. I don’t chase unicorns so I like store picks because they are usually available for a few weeks, no rush, and not overpriced.

356A5657-99A3-49EC-8DF3-0ABDADF18A81.jpeg

Those Knob Creek Rye picks can be delicious. One of my favorite bottles was a Houston Bourbon Society pick from a couple of years ago.

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
On 9/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, Pimphand said:
So I was just in Louisville for the Notre Dame game.
Rabbit Hole just launched a high rye bourbon called Heigold it is the shit
Here is my total haul from the Ville...

69746207_10158808750264148_6077866876937961472_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQmq-nUqELvZP6XvCrFoJupby8q00O9zk4fU9vK3kKmLGzAJv-i2u_QV57H_Xn4c5iE&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=e878878bdb20ef15bf69cae73cac8d43&oe=5E02916E

Tell me more about the Mitchers you got there. i have never heard of it

It is just the special bottle from their Fort Nelson distillery down on whiskey row.  I believe it is just their American Whiskey dressed up 

19 hours ago, PappyVanVinceYoung said:

Anyone tried the Kentucky Owl batch 3 rye? I loved batch 1 and kind of liked batch 2, although the price was ridiculous. The batch 3 I've seen was retailing at $190. One positive is that they've increased the proof up to 114.

I’ve heard it’s good but I haven’t tasted for myself.  Price needs to drop $50.

8 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Found two stores in Dallas that had blantons on the shelf. $129 and $139, GTFOH

$65 here every single day of the week, that is when you can find it on the shelf.  

The bourbon Gods must be smiling down on me. Tonights score $32 a bottle, and that middle bottle's got just a smidge more....

FullSizeRender-126.jpg

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I had the Pappy sample at a bar in Waco a couple of weeks ago. It was an ounce each of the 10, 12, 15 and 20 year bottles for $200. The 15 and 20 were fucking delicious by the way. I also had:  

Dalmore King Alexander

Macallan 25

Balvenie 30

It was a good night. 

Except that it was in Waco...

• Like 2

Just back from Montana - Walked into random state owned liquor store,  1 bottle of stagg Jr,  2 bottles of Weller Antique,  2 bottles of Mckenna 10. - all prices at retail.   Next stop was Walmart for cheap suitcase....Also learned TSA will open your bag post check-in if you put 6 bottles of bourbon in it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

Just back from Montana - Walked into random state owned liquor store,  1 bottle of stagg Jr,  2 bottles of Weller Antique,  2 bottles of Mckenna 10. - all prices at retail.   Next stop was Walmart for cheap suitcase....Also learned TSA will open your bag post check-in if you put 6 bottles of bourbon in it.

Were they all 750ml? You're allowed to check 5 liters of liquor. 

Pretty its random as Ive opened my suitcase and had the card from TSA stating they inspected my luggage

15 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

You guys may want to take a seat before I break the news. According to the Bourbon guys. The 2019 George T Stagg will be at 116 proof. Was expecting somewhere back to Hazmat or close to myself, but hopefully the quality is still there.

I doubt many people have a chance of getting some BTAC