Bourbon

Jimbaround

On 9/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, Buzzrock said:

Anyone stumbled upon Weller Full Proof? The stores I know of only got a few bottles and they were gone same day. But it’s supposed to be good.

I'd be surprised to hear it even made it to Houston yet. I just saw where one of the original bourbon pursuit group got 2 bottles in Kentucky during the Bourbon and Beyond festival and he's connected.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ERhine said:

Only thing more annoying than the horrible Bourbon recs that are foisted on me there is your constant referring to them as the four letter word store.

I was there today. Four different salesmen hassle me in the three minutes I was on the bourbon aisle.

I'm a diplomatic guy, what would you prefer? 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

4 hours ago, ERhine said:

Only thing more annoying than the horrible Bourbon recs that are foisted on me there is your constant referring to them as the four letter word store.

I was there today. Four different salesmen hassle me in the three minutes I was on the bourbon aisle.

So did you buy the recommended Trinity River Two Year Double Barrel Caramel Special Select?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Do you have to go to certain liquor stores in San Antonio to get a good selection of brands ?  Hit one last night in the Pearl district after the airport drive. Nothing but very average offerings other than Makers and Bulleit 10 year (which we got and are drinking currently).

In SA it’s Alamo City or hope for something lucky at Spec’s or TW.  I’ve picked up a few decent bottles at TW there and would say that people are a little slower on the draw there vs Austin. 

14 hours ago, thestud said:

Asshole store owners trying to capitalize on the taters. Had one try to tell me about this legendary Japanese whiskeymaker doing a very limited release joint venture with Jim Beam for $70. When I grabbed the Early Times BiB instead he says oh man you’re not gonna like that. If I hadn’t been hard up to find the ET I would have put it down and walked out without giving him a cent of my money.

I really like Legent, but you’re spot on it’s correctly priced at $40-ish. Better options at anything above that price

Bingo.    and for the money, that ETBiB is outfuckingstanding.

Beverage depot on Northwest HWY and Abrams in Dallas had about 6 bottles of Legent for $36/per. I picked up two 

Edit: this was on a random Thursday after work that I found em so it's not like they were flying off the shelves or anything 

Edited by TankedBevo

14 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Beverage depot on Northwest HWY and Abrams in Dallas had about 6 bottles of Legent for $36/per. I picked up two 

Edit: this was on a random Thursday after work that I found em so it's not like they were flying off the shelves or anything 

I am totally shocked that a DFW store with Depot in their name had anything not priced secondary.

Today picked up old forester 1910. Apparently it’s a double oaked bourbon like Woodford reserve double oaked but with more char. The store owner I bought it from said its allocated and he only got two bottles. I’ve only seen the 1920 before but not the 1910. Is it really that hard to find?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk