Bourbon

Jimbaround

11 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah I had a bottle of Stagg Jr batch 9 that I finished a few weeks ago, and I miss it. I have two other Stagg jrs, but they just aren't the same :(

I have an 11 open and it’s not as good along with a 12 I need to try.  They’re all as good as $50 whiskey gets if nothing else.  

On 10/25/2019 at 9:23 AM, mbpcb said:

KO confiscated worth $120??

I saw 5 on the shelf today in OKC and passed. At this point I'm just not willing to pay more than $100 for any bottle unless its a true unicorn. I've had some damn good store picks lately for $60 or less and OF Rye is the best deal out there and I might just drink that regularly and save the pricier stuff for rarer occations. I think MWND is the only one I'll likely pay more than $100 if I ever see it again. I almost pulled the trigger today on an $89 Dovetail and still might but even that price point is something I'm struggling to pull the trigger on. I would also probably pay a premium up to $100 for Weller Full Proof, but I don't expect i'll ever see one in real life.

17 hours ago, 'stache said:

I saw 5 on the shelf today in OKC and passed. At this point I'm just not willing to pay more than $100 for any bottle unless its a true unicorn. I've had some damn good store picks lately for $60 or less and OF Rye is the best deal out there and I might just drink that regularly and save the pricier stuff for rarer occations. I think MWND is the only one I'll likely pay more than $100 if I ever see it again. I almost pulled the trigger today on an $89 Dovetail and still might but even that price point is something I'm struggling to pull the trigger on. I would also probably pay a premium up to $100 for Weller Full Proof, but I don't expect i'll ever see one in real life.

I'll send you my mostly full dovetail for a steal.  I don't like it.

7 hours ago, thestud said:

I’ve yet to have a Barrell product that made me say “wow that’s good stuff!”. Even had a private barrel pick that didn’t even warrant a “meh” out of me. Heard the Dovetail is a dill bomb. No thanks

05 was pretty good....

10 hours ago, H_Boogie said:

4c0c6ef4d838a5fa0a4dbaafc673f84d.jpg

Casual stop in for beer ended up with a pleasant surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say it again. 

Stopped in to Chubby Cheeks Liquor in Texarkana, Arkansas today. 

Weller CYPB, Full Proof, 12 year

Elmer T Lee 100 year anniversary 

Four Roses Small Batch Select

EH Taylor Single Barrel

All in the locked case, $400 each. 

Walked out of there laughing. 

1910 is so damn good. Can’t even imagine what OFBB is like...because of orlan_o I’m half way thru the bottle. Fire his ass now! /rant

Finally found some. Going to give it a try to see what all the fuss (and hoarding) is about.
  • Like 1