Bourbon

Jimbaround

3 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

1792 full proof has now jumped the fucking shark. My local place got a store pick in and put it out to their email list at 3 today and sold out of the whole damn barrel by 8.

Is it that good? I've passed on a couple of store picks recently.

Edited by RaylanGivens

6 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Is it that good? I've passed on a couple of store picks recently.

I’ve tasted and passed on two FP and a SB.  I just don’t get it.  Picked up 4 Sweet Wheats at retail over the last two weeks, cracked one and traded out 3 to whiskey friends/acquaintances.  I’m not on board the 1792 hype train at all. 

36 minutes ago, brown water said:

Anyone seen or tried Little Book 3?  It’s a cask strength mashup of Beam’s recipes.  Sounds promising. 

I’m on the warpath looking for this one.  Since it won’t be raining BTACs this release season it’s about the best I’m expecting to find. 

12 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

1792 full proof has now jumped the fucking shark. My local place got a store pick in and put it out to their email list at 3 today and sold out of the whole damn barrel by 8.

Total Wine refused to sell me another bottle of Full Proof. When I asked if they could sell one to my wife, they became bitchy and said no. “We call only sell one per party sir”.  Pretty ridiculous. Oh well, one should expect the Total in the Houston Galleria to be consistently awful. 

3 hours ago, thestud said:

I mean if they have a reputation for doing good picks it’s not beyond the realm of possibility, especially if it was only one barrel. Total Wine did one about a year and a half ago that was the best one I ever had, I went back the same day and grabbed three more bottles.

Yeah I mean I sorta agree but 3 months ago tthe same stores full proof pick was on shelves for at least a month before it sold out. It wins an award and people become idiots

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Total Wine refused to sell me another bottle of Full Proof. When I asked if they could sell one to my wife, they became bitchy and said no. “We call only sell one per party sir”.  Pretty ridiculous. Oh well, one should expect the Total in the Houston Galleria to be consistently awful. 

That is pretty bad

3 minutes ago, Dogfishhead said:

Yeah I wanted to all out blitz the unopened THH and W12 but was “polite”. AW107 was very good. Wasn’t the biggest Hibiki fan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dislike almost all of the Japanese whiskeys. Nikka Coffey Grain is the only one I like.