Bourbon

Jimbaround

I stocked up a couple years ago so can’t speak to the most recent release. That said, consensus is they’ve dialed it in after a rocky first few releases.  I’d say go for it. Will do the same if I happen across some. 

Separately my favorite manhattan is with stagg jr mixed 1:1 instead of 2:1. Because the Jr is such high proof I usually stir on ice first then add vermouth and bitters and stir again.  

Come to find out he had been drinking at dinner so he showed up buzzed and dgaf.

So then I pick a few good bottles and tell the fellas to help themselves. Same guy pours a double of Legent and leaves half of it sitting in the glass on the bar when he Ubers home.

I’m very even keeled. I’m fucking pissed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pretty good haul today. Midwinter’s 7.6 and 1910. Struck out on 1792Full Proof Store Pick. 

I put a regular Full Proof back on the shelf because I’m dumb. 

Next time you buy that and offer it for trade.   Be a team player.  

Edited by USCATX

I bought a decanter and 8 oz of 1983 Eagle Rare 101 proof the other day. I love me some Eagle Rare, and this old dusty is fantastic! One of the best bourbons I have ever had. Its a bit musty from the age, but still has a good oaky flavor, a lot of sweetness and it's got an interesting mouthfeel to it. Almost a bit oily it really stays with you after each sip. I'm very happy with this purchase 2a70ca7b51489cafdaeae25efd54eb6b.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Okie State said:
5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:
1920 is the logical next step. 

That's what I'm thinking and it's easy to find.

Very easy to find. 1910 is better, but obviously you want something different. 

Old Forester Rye is my everyday drinker. It's so cheap and pretty good.

Just now, Okie State said:

Was also thinking about the Rye, but lots of other Rye suggestions in this thread that I'd like to check out.

Agreed, plenty of good rye suggestions. 

Old Forester Rye is unique.  It has  mashbill has a high malt content so it tastes different than a lot of ryes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The Old Forester lineup is solid top to bottom. That being said, as great as Birthday Bourbon is I think 1910 is the best thing they have ever made.

I think I agree with you. I wasn’t blown away by either year I tried at a bar. 

anyone ever tried the BIB one? Think it’s 1897 

• Like 1