Bourbon

Jimbaround

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If only people would stop buying shit on secondary at hilarious prices....

I think there’s a place for it. If somebody wants to pay $2k to get their groomsman a bottle of Pappy 23 before their wedding. Yeah, I get that, but those types of instances are rare and don’t set the market. 

For my broke or frugal brothers and sisters, I’ve laid eyes on Maker’s Mark Barrel Select for $50 a bottle. Private message me for the location. 

I’ll extend the charity because I believe every bourbon lover should it try it once. Maker’s is such an establishment in bourbon, it’s awesome to see them put a quality product for once. 

• Like 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

If only we could get people to follow that logic on houses, classic cars, rare books, art work,  World Series tickets, sex with super models......

If only we could get people to follow that logic on houses, classic cars, rare books, art work,  World Series tickets, sex with super models......

Really trying to hammer it home, aren't we? 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

For my broke or frugal brothers and sisters, I’ve laid eyes on Maker’s Mark Barrel Select for $50 a bottle. Private message me for the location. 

I’ll extend the charity because I believe every bourbon lover should it try it once. Maker’s is such an establishment in bourbon, it’s awesome to see them put a quality product for once. 

Assume this is Houston?

If only people would stop buying shit on secondary at hilarious prices....
Yep. I don't understand this part. Unless i needed a special bottle for a special occasion (which, to date, has been zero times) there is zero chance I'm buying on the secondary market. Lots of good stuff is still on shelves.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fantastic price on good bourbon that you can actually find right there. 

It’s still early on my rye joiurney, but Bulleit 12 at $40 is going to be tough to beat in taste/price/availability. It’s always on the shelf at Total. 

2019 Parker’s Heritage Heavy Char Rye is the one that got away. I missed it by a few days. By the time I told my store to add to me to the list, it was too late. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It’s still early on my rye joiurney, but Bulleit 12 at $40 is going to be tough to beat in taste/price/availability. It’s always on the shelf at Total. 

2019 Parker’s Heritage Heavy Char Rye is the one that got away. I missed it by a few days. By the time I told my store to add to me to the list, it was too late. 

My favorite rye right now is one I found at Pogo's in dallas. guess it's an "exclusive"

Whistlepig - 12 Year Old Bespoke Blend - POGO'S Barrel

https://www.pogoswine.com/spirits/Whistlepig-12-Year-Old-Bespoke-Blend-POGO-S-Barrel-w6679972ea

6 hours ago, msudawg said:

My favorite rye right now is one I found at Pogo's in dallas. guess it's an "exclusive"

Whistlepig - 12 Year Old Bespoke Blend - POGO'S Barrel

https://www.pogoswine.com/spirits/Whistlepig-12-Year-Old-Bespoke-Blend-POGO-S-Barrel-w6679972ea

I’m uh... hesitant to try finished ryes. Midwinters Night Dram being the only notable exception. I’ll try it at a bar to see if I like it. 

I do like the higher proof WhistlePig 10 store picks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, otisdog said:

In August, I bought OWA in Ohio for $44.95, and in California for $22.95, both @ MSRP, which I thought weird....

Where in CA?  My local place jacked up prices on all the Wellers a long time ago when everyone started making PMP, and I have gotten out of the habit of looking for it elsewhere.  I think $99 for Antique is definitely overpriced, and when I read that it could be had recently for $23 in the same general vicinity, it makes me ragey.

Too much other good stuff out there that is decently priced . . . 

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I like a higher proof, and I think it’s more complex. Weller 12 is super smooth and doesn’t have much, if at all, of a hug. It doesn’t drink thin or anything, but it’s not as deep as Antique. 

Yeah love the Weller 12 never see it here in Va. but do in Colorado all the time for some reason.  I like a higher proof, especially when it brings the flavor, and not just heat.

Bro visiting, so picked up OF 1910,  WT rare breed and some sipping tequila to go with Barrilto rum we used to drink in our more adventurous days. I’d post a pic but couldn’t figure it out while on the train. 

but posting cause I’ve seen y’all mention 1792 here and there. The 1910 was the cheapest I found in the city so wondering what’s a reasonable $$ for 1792. For instance, found Weller SR at this place for $45 when I’ve seen it $100+ everywhere else in the city. They had 1792 in small batch, BiB, and single barrel all in the upper $30s-40s. That sound reasonable? 

7 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Bro visiting, so picked up OF 1910,  WT rare breed and some sipping tequila to go with Barrilto rum we used to drink in our more adventurous days. I’d post a pic but couldn’t figure it out while on the train. 

but posting cause I’ve seen y’all mention 1792 here and there. The 1910 was the cheapest I found in the city so wondering what’s a reasonable $$ for 1792. For instance, found Weller SR at this place for $45 when I’ve seen it $100+ everywhere else in the city. They had 1792 in small batch, BiB, and single barrel all in the upper $30s-40s. That sound reasonable? 

Those prices are very reasonable. Straight MSRP no markup

• Like 1