Bourbon

Jimbaround

41 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Haven't seen it yet...

Not many details out there right now. No release date, age statement, or mash bill. Just a picture, proof, and MSRP. 

I hope OF Batch Proof is middle class man’s OF President’s Choice, and OF Barrel Proof SiB is a rich man’s OF 1920.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 hours ago, cknight said:

Anybody tried the very olde st. nick? I saw a bottle at the local place that was $149 for the rye which seemed crazy

I’d pass. Apparently Olde St Nick is made by a new company now, and it’s not nearly as good. Similar to the new Black Maple Hill. They bought the label, slapped it on an inferior product, and charged the same amount as the original. 

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I believe you’re shopping at TW Heights? You better have picked up a bottle of Maker Mark’s Private Select while you were there. 

I have had 4 different bottles with the black wax one sold at Lys being my favorite.  Probably should have sprung for the extra $20, much better that the B&T.

Just picked up a Maker’s Private Select from Alamo City Liquors for $67. Excited to try this one out after seeing some reviews on here. 
They also said they have some Blanton’s on the way, so I’ll be keeping an eye out for that as well. 

I’ve got it. I still prefer the specs private select stave mix.

I’m 40 hours into a fast but perhaps i should break tonight
eaffaac2f0b9560ac59e1c9eaf72f2c1.jpg

Decided to break the fast tonight after the day I had. Thank you to the brave men and women of the bulverde police department. We all know your little burg is that much safer now that you wrote me a citation for speeding on some podunk ass road that you happen to have jurisdiction over. Thank God you all made it home safe after an 8 hour shift sitting in a climate controlled car reading your MAGA jackoff subreddits.
3e0bc32a63ecd2ff9befa27f24ccc738.jpg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, deft said:

Decided to break the fast tonight after the day I had. Thank you to the brave men and women of the bulverde police department. We all know your little burg is that much safer now that you wrote me a citation for speeding on some podunk ass road that you happen to have jurisdiction over. Thank God you all made it home safe after an 8 hour shift sitting in a climate controlled car reading your MAGA jackoff subreddits.
3e0bc32a63ecd2ff9befa27f24ccc738.jpg

To be fair, I’d probably pull you over if you had a fifth in your hand while behind the wheel.  RPMs are at 2k in that photo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

And it’s good. 

It is.  Much better than this shit.  Son, I am disappoint.  Bottle I have is allegedly 13 years.  I hated it when I opened it.  Let it sit for a while.  Somehow it is worse.  I might pour it out.

Image result for smooth ambler old scout single barrel

1 hour ago, huge said:

It is.  Much better than this shit.  Son, I am disappoint.  Bottle I have is allegedly 13 years.  I hated it when I opened it.  Let it sit for a while.  Somehow it is worse.  I might pour it out.

You have the Single Barrel Select which is Dickel.  It sucks ass.

Any other SAOS is MGP and is usually outstanding.  They are going back to sourcing from MGP now, THANK GOD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, huge said:

Surly Bourbon Rule No. 1: Always check the back of the bottle to see where it was distilled. If says Tennessee, run.

Buy a bottle of Larceny Single Barrel if you can find it. I’m really enjoying my Spec’s bottle. The label is very subtle. It’s a white sticker on the back that states Single Barrel above the bar code.

I did a mini taste test last night, and I enjoyed it more than a 1792 Full Proof Store Pick. I was very surprised. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Buy a bottle of Larceny Single Barrel if you can find it. I’m really enjoying my Spec’s bottle. The label is very subtle. It’s a white sticker on the back that states Single Barrel above the bar code.

I did a mini taste test last night, and I enjoyed it more than a 1792 Full Proof Store Pick. I was very surprised. 

Good to know, was headed to the DT store to pick up a bottle tomorrow. Do you like regular Larceny,  and what was special about this store pick? Inquiring minds want to know.

Pic of label?

30 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Good to know, was headed to the DT store to pick up a bottle tomorrow. Do you like regular Larceny,  and what was special about this store pick? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don’t like regular Larceny. They hit on a really good barrel. Smooth, complex, nice long finish. Tastes like a classic wheater. Definitely has some additional age in it. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

On 2/10/2020 at 6:53 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

How far is Lincoln Road Package Store from civilization? It looks like it's a good 80 miles from I 12/10. That's going be a tough detour to sell on the way to Gulf Shores. 

About an hour or so from NO. Say you took the wrong turn.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bought one from Alamo in SA and kinda hated it.  I have 4-5 other picks from them that I really like so I’m taking it as a sign to not buy another.  It’s like young Beam mixed with 1792 Sweet Wheat.