Bourbon

Jimbaround

3 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

Reasonable is subjective and up to you to decide. What people are paying?  950-1000

It has gone Fucking crazy. In my area it is closer to $1500. Your numbers will get you Lot B or one of the antiques (Handy, WLW, Stagg). The distilleries are in a golden age right now. They can almost release anything. Put it in a different bottle, with Small Batch label or some shit and the hoarders will buy it up.

35 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Is Cream of Kentucky worth $125-135? 

Thats a good question and one I am interested in.  I have an option at $140

Also I am still looking to sell my Boone 14 Nasa for 250 if anyone is ready to party.  Been trying to trade to no real effect.

Had my first taste of Weller 12 at my neighbors house last night. Very nice, but I just about choked when I saw the $229.99 price tag on the bottle. Guys a PhD...

I found two bottles at MSRP about a month ago. No way in hell I’m saying where. What I will say is get out of the big city where there’s not as many hunters and you will have better luck.

18 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

OK, another value question. Is 2019 Garrison Bros Cowboy worth $177? 

If I were going to spend over $100 on a Garrison, it's going to be the single barrel barrel proof. I quite enjoy it and as stated in previous posts, so do my friends who have tried. 

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

i'm in the minority on this board and love all their products.  that being said none of them, nary a one, zip, zilch, nada, are worth their price point. 

my two faves are the estacado and the balmorhea, but the cowboy won jim murray's world whiskey of the year one year.  he's also awarded the balmorhea once or twice.  

1 hour ago, Yev Kassem said:

I finally broke down and bought a couple bottles of 750ml Eagle Rare 10 online since I was tired of not being able to find it in the wild. 

$35 per bottle and then $22 shipping, so not a bad deal if you ask me. 

$5 premium for something specific you want isn't bad.  Paying 40x that premium for weller 12 is regarded.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

$5 premium for something specific you want isn't bad.  Paying 40x that premium for weller 12 is regarded.

Yeah, shopping around online I’ve since seen Eagle Rare available for as low as $29.99. I haven’t seen Weller 12 available for less than $200.

Edited by Yev Kassem

1 hour ago, Yev Kassem said:

I finally broke down and bought a couple bottles of 750ml Eagle Rare 10 online since I was tired of not being able to find it in the wild. 

Just bought 6 for $29.99 each.  $40 shipping.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

i'm in the minority on this board and love all their products.  that being said none of them, nary a one, zip, zilch, nada, are worth their price point. 

my two faves are the estacado and the balmorhea, but the cowboy won jim murray's world whiskey of the year one year.  he's also awarded the balmorhea once or twice.  

I might kick a field goal and buy a 375 mL of Balmorhea. 

15 hours ago, huge said:

Also I am still looking to sell my Boone 14 Nasa for 250 if anyone is ready to party.  Been trying to trade to no real effect.

Not a fan of CoC. Mine sits opened months later. Was just not great. Kinda flat. Feel it is overpriced. Consensus seems to be “meh”

what are you looking for that you aren’t finding for the trade?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

It has gone Fucking crazy. In my area it is closer to $1500. Your numbers will get you Lot B or one of the antiques (Handy, WLW, Stagg). The distilleries are in a golden age right now. They can almost release anything. Put it in a different bottle, with Small Batch label or some shit and the hoarders will buy it up.

You might want to move. 

3 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Not a fan of CoC. Mine sits opened months later. Was just not great. Kinda flat. Feel it is overpriced. Consensus seems to be “meh”

Au contraire, I hear you're a huge fan of the CoC. 

16 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

You need a buddy in KY. I made a couple stops last month and Eagle Rare was the center aisle displays with stacks of the stuff.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

Birthday or even EHT BP

On 2/20/2020 at 2:38 PM, huge said:

What are you trying to trade for?  Location?

On 2/20/2020 at 2:53 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Absolutely. Its better than a lotta other bourbons on this thread that people are paying double the price of GB cowboy for. As said, it won JM’s Whiskey of the Year not once, but twice. Also, Balmorrhea won JM’s Whiskey of the Year in 2018. 

Id even argue that Cowboy is the best bourbon made outside of Kentucky... but apparently people love driving around spending time and effort hunting for the new hotness. 

flame/neg away

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Absolutely. Its better than a lotta other bourbons on this thread that people are paying double the price of GB cowboy for. As said, it won JM’s Whiskey of the Year not once, but twice. Also, Balmorrhea won JM’s Whiskey of the Year in 2018. 

Id even argue that Cowboy is the best bourbon made outside of Kentucky... but apparently people love driving around spending time and effort hunting for the new hotness. 

flame/neg away

Interesting take from a guy that’s enjoyed some good bourbons. 

I’m kind of getting there on Cowboy. $177 is about $40 cheaper than Total Wine. Better bang for my buck than a half bottle of Balmorhea for $75 or $56 for a pour a pour of Cowboy at Reserve 101.

Then again, I can buy 3 bottles of Makers Mark Private Select for the same amount of money. This would be a much easier decision if Garrison Bros didn’t use the Kentucky Owl pricing model. 

If you guys see the Redemption Wheated Bourbon for anything in the $40-$45 range you need to pick up a bottle.  I tried it semi-blind with an NCF OWA pick and Maker’s RC6 and it won outright.  The Redemption was all over at Spec’s a couple months back and there has to be some still lying around. I can’t wait to see how that MGP wheated mashbill tastes at 8-10 years and higher proof.  

Edited by USCATX