Bourbon

Jimbaround

8 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

I did the same, and recently... regretting it now, but passing on nearly any bottle of bourbon yields a form of regret.

I can’t remember the 2017-03 release. I’m sure a poster can help me out here. 2018-03 was Kentucky Chew. Phenomenal. 2019-03 was Country Ham. There’s a good chance 2020-03 is going to be really good. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I can’t remember the 2017-03 release. I’m sure a poster can help me out here. 2018-03 was Kentucky Chew. Phenomenal. 2019-03 was Country Ham. There’s a good chance 2020-03 is going to be really good. 

It was Front Porch.  It was just OK to me. 

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bargain hunters unite! Am I missing anything here from the sub $35 category? 

Barrel Strength: Old Ezra 7 BS 

Rye : Rittenhouse

Single Barrel : Evan Williams SiB / Eagle Rare

Bottled in Bond : 1792

Everyman’s Everyday Drinker : Wild Turkey 101

That's a good list.  I'd sub in OF Rye for Rittenhouse, but both are worthy.  I'd also mention regular ol' BT as a daily drinker.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I like this, though I'd give my left nut to find ER10 for sub $35. I've never paid less than $50, but I still thought it was worth it. 

Second the motion to place Buffalo Trace as an Everyday Drinker. 

On 3/20/2020 at 7:02 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

681f53a7bd3ec0a665459a6933a2bf55.jpg

Picked these up today and going to break into them. One on the right was the #1 rated Whiskey in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dickel tasted like someone dropped a bottle of multivitamins into a bottle of Jim Beam.  Worst bottle I've ever had, even as a mixer.  Hopefully your experience is better.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Todd Gack said:

The Dickel tasted like someone dropped a bottle of multivitamins into a bottle of Jim Beam.  Worst bottle I've ever had, even as a mixer.  Hopefully your experience is better.

Disappointing to hear for sure... I haven't opened it yet but the 1792 has been good. Maybe I will just gift the Dickel to a "friend"

Browsing target bourbon section, saw the latest angels envy cellar collection tawny port release sitting with the normal bourbon, no price. Took it to the register to check out and it wouldn't ring up as anything, so I offered up 50 bucks since that is the normal bourbon price. She said how about 20 and have a happy quarantine? 

Fuck yes to this day

• Like 6

Browsing target bourbon section, saw the latest angels envy cellar collection tawny port release sitting with the normal bourbon, no price. Took it to the register to check out and it wouldn't ring up as anything, so I offered up 50 bucks since that is the normal bourbon price. She said how about 20 and have a happy quarantine? 

Fuck yes to this day

You need to play the fucking lottery!

Retail on that is $250

• Like 2

I’ll offer Early Times BiB as a friendly amendment.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Eggo said:

I like this, though I'd give my left nut to find ER10 for sub $35. I've never paid less than $50, but I still thought it was worth it. 

You and I value our left nuts very differently. 

On 3/24/2020 at 7:37 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

So had to check what I had grabbed. Turns out I did get a ham. 

2163D028-F752-44D6-B50D-1061DF2C765A.jpeg

Third the BT as a everyday drinker. Just today I braved the plague to meet a Facebook bourbon group member in a Target parking lot, for BT store picks @35.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ou97cpa said:

Third the BT as a everyday drinker. Just today I braved the plague to meet a Facebook bourbon group member in a Target parking lot, for BT store picks @35.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here in Va. it's easier to find ER at $32 in many of our state run stores, but almost impossible to find BT @ $28, and ER is the better pour all day in my opinion. I can't even remember that last time I saw BT in the wild.

Little Book is in Amarillo, will run back into town in the morning and grab it.
I have a 2015-01 Big Man, Small Batch, wonder how much difference there is between the two?

Ch 3 is my favorite.
It’s a blend of Booker’s, Knob Creek, Baker’s and Basil Hayden.
Freddie got this one right.
  • Like 1

Breaking my rye cherry tonight with some Old Forester rye. Wanted to go with a more budget option before moving up to the pricier bottles, but in my experience OF delivers great bang for your buck. 

Oldfo rye is a standard in mi casa. Get the 1L at total wine.

2 minutes ago, ISUCyclones said:

Alright, I've always been too lazy to figure out how to post images here, it has to come from something like imgur right? Drank some old rip 10 tonight with the in laws. 

Tapatalk is the easiest.

• Like 1