Bourbon

Jimbaround

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t know if it’s my palate/mood this evening, but I’m reaching for Evan Williams SiB over Larceny Barrel Proof.

Just missed on 2 different Larceny BPs a week or so ago. I'm ready to offer up a trade and risk the Corona, anyone got an extra? Or point me In the righ direction... Houston area. 

Edited by RaylanGivens

24 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Where, if I might ask?  I've been to a dozen liquor stores around Dallas and the only one that had it was charging $50.

I’ve given up trying to find Eagle Rare in the wild, so I just buy it online. I see it pretty regularly online for $30-35/bottle plus shipping. Just buy a few bottles so it makes the shipping cost worthwhile. 

• Like 1

Saturday morning my wife was watching that cooking show Pioneer Woman.  Host was making a BBQ sauce of some sort and used 1 1/2 cups of BLANTONS in the recipe.  I almost fell out of my chair.  Who the heck uses 12 ounces of liquid gold in a damn BBQ sauce?

3 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

I’ve given up trying to find Eagle Rare in the wild, so I just buy it online. I see it pretty regularly online for $30-35/bottle plus shipping. Just buy a few bottles so it makes the shipping cost worthwhile. 

Yeah of you can get it for the 30-35 range plus shipping that's not a bad deal. We pay $32 in Va. and I can find it at several stores fairly regularly.

Final verdict on Larceny Barrel Proof, it definitely runs hot, but it’s worth it at MSRP. Don’t pay a premium for it. 

I don’t care for the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof comparisons. LBP is a wheater while ECBP is a traditional mash bill. ECBP is 4-6 years older and  hell of a lot smoother. A good batch of ECBP might be the best pour you have all year. LBP is never going to do that, but I think future releases will be better. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Final verdict on Larceny Barrel Proof, it definitely runs hot, but it’s worth it at MSRP. Don’t pay a premium for it. 

I don’t care for the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof comparisons. LBP is a wheater while ECBP is a traditional mash bill. ECBP is 4-6 years older and  hell of a lot smoother. A good batch of ECBP might be the best pour you have all year. LBP is never going to do that, but I think future releases will be better. 

Good review Bill, Considering that both ECBP and LBP are both Heaven Hill products, and this is the very first tri annual release for LBP,  I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude about the company that has turned out Henry McKenna10, and EC12 and now ECBP. I think they just might know what they're doing. Now, If I can just find a bottle...

Edited by RaylanGivens

3 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Good review Bill, Considering that both ECBP and LBP are both Heaven Hill products, and this is the very first tri annual release for LBP,  I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude about the company that has turned out Henry McKenna10, and EC12 and now ECBP. I think they just might know what they're doing. Now, If I can just find a bottle...

Heaven Hill is definitely ironing out some kinks with Larceny Barrel Proof. I read about a single barrel release they did a few years back that was received very poorly. This release is said to be significantly better. 

Happy hunting. It’s a hot bottle right now. Every time I’m in the store, someone is asking about it.

My bourbon supply is definitely going to take a hit during this quarantine. I’ve been finishing off a few lesser barrels I’ve received as gifts to make the good stuff last longer. 

On 3/29/2020 at 3:52 AM, Redneck Mutha said:

Drinking 1910.  Or 1920.  I've had a few, so can't remembver exactly.  

Edit, it's 1920.  Prohibition Style, bitches.

I’m probably in the minority on this, but I like 1920 much better. Makes sense for me though, since I usually like higher proofs better. Speaking of, I need another bottle of Balcones Blue Corn. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

My bourbon supply is definitely going to take a hit during this quarantine. I’ve been finishing off a few lesser barrels I’ve received as gifts to make the good stuff last longer. 

I’m probably in the minority on this, but I like 1920 much better. Makes sense for me though, since I usually like higher proofs better. Speaking of, I need another bottle of Balcones Blue Corn. 

You might be in the minority on this board, but much of the internet prefers 1920 over 1910. 

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I'd say liking Balcones Blue Corn puts you more in the minority than liking 1920 over 1910.

13 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, Anastasis said:
I will fucking fight you if you don't appreciate a dram of blue corn bourbon. 

Let's get it on. Has a funk that i do not appreciate.

I can respect that. It has a certain flavor tacrossnthe line. To be honest haven’t even kept it in the rotation much. But outside of the rye which is awful I don’t have the same hate.