Bourbon

Jimbaround

52 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Exactly Bill.
Vince I was trying to avoid going in.

I guess it might depend on the Total Wine location. The location near my office in Houston has a great online inventory and I shop there often. The location closer to my house has very limited online inventory, and I've been there once in person, the grand opening. There's a lesson to be learned here TW. 

I'm using Spec's curbside until the quarantine is lifted. Just not worth the risk for booze. I have enough Benchmark to keep the cocktail bar stocked. Plenty of the good stuff in reserve to keep my Glencairn full. 

I guess it might depend on the Total Wine location. The location near my office in Houston has a great online inventory and I shop there often. The location closer to my house has very limited online inventory, and I've been there once in person, the grand opening. There's a lesson to be learned here TW. 
I'm using Spec's curbside until the quarantine is lifted. Just not worth the risk for booze. I have enough Benchmark to keep the cocktail bar stocked. Plenty of the good stuff in reserve to keep my Glencairn full. 

I’ve been trying to replenish my Weller SR supply and GG is the only one that has any listed in there online inventory but they don’t do curbside. TW has it at times, but again no curbside.

I did try the Benchmark a few weeks back. Pretty good for that price point.

2 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I’ve been trying to replenish my Weller SR supply and GG is the only one that has any listed in there online inventory but they don’t do curbside. TW has it at times, but again no curbside.

I did try the Benchmark a few weeks back. Pretty good for that price point.

I bought a liter of Weller SR last time I was in the store. I’ll give a try this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Eggo said:

Anyone try Still Austin yet? Got a store pick from my local haunt today. Our local stores are hurting right now. Do your work, fools. 

20200402_194211.jpg

20200402_194220.jpg

Yes, I tried their first release. It was young and hot, but you can tell it has potential. They hired a consultant from MGP. Think it might have potential when it’s 6-8 years old 

TW prioritizes stock at their stores based on volume/size. Also depends on who is the buyer for the particular store. Im fortunate that the one nearest me is high volume and has a good buyer. I’ve been told at one of the smaller stores they will never get hard to find stuff much less allocated bottles because they don’t have enough sales volume.

My BILs and I had a whiskey tasting during the holidays. We each brought a few bottles and worked through them and then did a trade.  One of my BILs brought this one.  I am not quite sure what deep tonguing satan's butthole would taste like, but I am fairly confident that this is a close approximation. 

739701-CD-28-EE-401-D-B8-D0-F755464-C86-

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Godzillatron said:

TW prioritizes stock at their stores based on volume/size. Also depends on who is the buyer for the particular store. Im fortunate that the one nearest me is high volume and has a good buyer. I’ve been told at one of the smaller stores they will never get hard to find stuff much less allocated bottles because they don’t have enough sales volume.

Guess the Heights Total Wine ain’t doing so hot.

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Guess the Heights Total Wine ain’t doing so hot.

The bourbon selection at Total Wine Arboretum in Austin sucks donkey cock. I think Specs Arbor Walk and TW Arboretum compete for the Generic Bourbon Isle Award

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The bourbon selection at Total Wine Arboretum in Austin sucks donkey cock. I think Specs Arbor Walk and TW Arboretum compete for the Generic Bourbon Isle Award

TW Heights had cases and cases of Private Select, so they have that going for them. One of the worst rye selections I’ve ever seen in a big box store. 

9 minutes ago, Godzillatron said:

Drive another 5 miles up 183 to the TW Lakeline. Good selection and sometimes a nice surprise up by the front desk.

Yeah, but those 5 miles will take an hour in Austin*

*havent been back to town since covid

13 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Opened up Drizly app tonight to get the wife some more wine. Oh, Eagle Rare, I will take two. 

text 20 minutes later. Out of eagle rare. Bringing you the wine. 

Nobody likes a tease 

Drizly delivered a bottle of Rare Breed to me during a tropical storm. They’re alright in my book.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

32 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Drizly delivered a bottle of Rare Breed to me during a tropical storm. They’re alright in my book.

I don’t blame the app. I blame the shitty store for not updating their listing. It was probably on purpose to bait and switch me. 

I'll get it stared tonight. Russell's Reserve Single Barrel, Spec's 2019 Store Pick. The rabbit's hot streak continues. Really good. Probably the best Wild Turkey product I've ever tasted. I should attempt to buy more. 

Have you had any of the Total Wine store picks of this product?