Bourbon

Jimbaround

42 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’d rather be stuck drinking WT101 the rest of my life than having to buddy up with a total wine rep and tell him his Nevada Slim rotgut cinnamon peach Hoover Dam edition whiskey was a great pick in order to get Blanton’s

Nothing good ever happens from trying to talk to TW shills.  At least you might actually get something out of Twin and Spec’s.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Bought my first MGP today. Was recommended by my FiL’s neighborhood liquor store guy. He said his big whiskey clients have been snatching it up.

f2cf562728bd69ab722a75e6a9fded6b.jpg
b40872a50b3aaf63d8dfad94d2b74c2a.jpg

Just opened it up, and it’s pretty good. A lot going on for $32. And a pretty nice finish for 92 proof (or maybe that's the weed I smoked shortly before drinking). 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, H_Boogie said:

https://hardinhabitat.com/

I’m sure this violates some sort of board rule, but oh well. Not terrible odds with only 1,000 tickets being sold, and honestly that Stagg is a 2015 I think, which has value on its own. FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no rules here, thanks for sharing.  Frankly I wish more folks would share raffles (preferably with better odds, though 😉).

3 minutes ago, Eggo said:

What is our collective opinion about Noah's Mill? Went into Total Wine and didn't find anything interesting, so almost grabbed a NM. 

when i bought my first house i drank a bottle of it in one night.  woke up with a staph infection the next day.  does that help?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Eggo said:

What is our collective opinion about Noah's Mill? Went into Total Wine and didn't find anything interesting, so almost grabbed a NM. 

I’m no expert, and I don’t like to say a particular bourbon is bad. Only that I didn’t like the taste. That doesn’t apply to Noah’s..... that is bad bourbon.

3 hours ago, Eggo said:

Noah’s Mill got its name because it was originally really good sourced 15 year old bourbon. Willet sourced it from Heaven Hill...allegedly. After it became a thing and probably because they ran out of the good 15 year stuff, they dropped the age statement and blend from bourbon that is rumored to be 4 year to 20 year stuff. Willet still sources it, rumored to be mixed from Heaven Hill and Beam. Who knows. But after the name became popular, the quality went down. I’m sure it’s still fine, but you might be able to get better stuff for $60 on the shelf. 

43 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Noah’s Mill got its name because it was originally really good sourced 15 year old bourbon. Willet sourced it from Heaven Hill...allegedly. After it became a thing and probably because they ran out of the good 15 year stuff, they dropped the age statement and blend from bourbon that is rumored to be 4 year to 20 year stuff. Willet still sources it, rumored to be mixed from Heaven Hill and Beam. Who knows. But after the name became popular, the quality went down. I’m sure it’s still fine, but you might be able to get better stuff for $60 on the shelf. 

Old Forester 1920 and Russell's Reserve SiB are my favorite buys (so far) around or under  $60. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ok bourbon snobs, I love reading this thread because I find it relaxing for some reason. And informative. I've gotten to try a few ones I liked from seeing it here so thank you guys for that. 

So I went to help out my sister in law today and stopped off at a Liquor King in her hood and saw some stuff I've never seen in my usual total wine/specs trips. Maybe you gents can take a look and tell me if anything here is worth the dough. I'm a wheater fan and picked up a bottle of Weller from them on this trip but will go back for more stuff if it's interesting. 

First up is their shelf of store pics

PHOTO-20200911-201037.jpg

Ive never seen this particular wild turkey

PHOTO-20200911-200957.jpg

Or this Bulleit

PHOTO-20200911-200936.jpg

And I know several of you like the Old Scout but I was intrigued by their wheat one I've never seen before 

PHOTO-20200911-200908.jpg

13 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Ok bourbon snobs, I love reading this thread because I find it relaxing for some reason. And informative. I've gotten to try a few ones I liked from seeing it here so thank you guys for that. 

So I went to help out my sister in law today and stopped off at a Liquor King in her hood and saw some stuff I've never seen in my usual total wine/specs trips. Maybe you gents can take a look and tell me if anything here is worth the dough. I'm a wheater fan and picked up a bottle of Weller from them on this trip but will go back for more stuff if it's interesting. 

First up is their shelf of store pics

PHOTO-20200911-201037.jpg

Ive never seen this particular wild turkey

PHOTO-20200911-200957.jpg

Or this Bulleit

PHOTO-20200911-200936.jpg

And I know several of you like the Old Scout but I was intrigued by their wheat one I've never seen before 

PHOTO-20200911-200908.jpg

I’d buy the Rare Breed and roll the dice with the Blender’s Select. 

• Like 1