Bourbon

Jimbaround

it was a funny little store.  had eagle rare behind the counter for 99.  told me he had two blantons for 199 each.  but he had 5 bottles of eht small batch all priced at MSRP.  Got a makers 101 for 40 and an ECBP a120 for 99.

unrelated, opened up the larceny BP b520 last night.  that shits good. 

33 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

got a ECBP a120 at lunch.  Owner pulled out his bottle of Weller Full Proof.  Said i could have it for 399.  Should I go back and get it?

Not, not worth it.  It’s solid stuff, but you’ll probably be kicking yourself afterwards if you drop that much. That price is well above secondary (which is around $350). 

Is New Riff in Texas now?

It is not, but there are a couple of websites that assort it and are able to deliver to Texas. I picked this bottle up from Mash and Grape, and it was $59.99 delivered to my door. I’ve been wanting to get my hands on one for a minute, so I pulled the trigger.
  • Hook 'Em 1

So my regular package store got in 16 cases of Buffalo Trace.  I bought one 750ml bottle for $25.

Decent price?  They have not had it in so long, I really don’t know.  I was honestly expecting to pay more, the way some of y’all go on about it.

Should I go snag more tomorrow?

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

So my regular package store got in 16 cases of Buffalo Trace.  I bought one 750ml bottle for $25.

Decent price?  They have not had it in so long, I really don’t know.  I was honestly expecting to pay more, the way some of y’all go on about it.

back in the day the trifecta of buffalo trace, makers mark, and knob creek, as all you ever needed.  now they're still on the shelf every day at every store for $25 but we spend our days hunting for higher end bottles.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I don’t know what area you live in where BT sits on the shelf but it’s not in Texas. I can make five different stops in a day and I’m lucky if one has BT.

Slorch, go back and buy more. Immediately.

It's funny, they did a FB blast and it said 16 at the north location and 15 at the southside location.   I was thinking, "16 bottles ain't gonna last long.  It's right by work so I'll go by."   I walk in an it's a 16 case display.  Dude said it should last about a week and a half at the most.  They have not had it for 7-8 months at least.

I'm sippin on a glass right now, and it's good, but damn.  I was surprised when it rang up for $25, as I figured the demand for it would make it pretty steep.  I'm probably gonna grab 3-4 bottles in the morning, and I'll share it with my boys when I get to see them.

14 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I don’t know what area you live in where BT sits on the shelf but it’s not in Texas. I can make five different stops in a day and I’m lucky if one has BT.

pos rep for your handle... an instant laugher with my sons in reference to Tommy Boy test.

that, and Rock It is a badass song.

Edited by slorch

14 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Spec’s Houston always has Buffalo Trace. Store pick handles are a personal favorite of mine. 

The store around the corner from my house in central Austin had no less than 2 cases of BT 3 days ago. Same as it did the week before and the week before that.

It is most definitely very available in Texas.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Yeah that's exactly what it should sell for.

3 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

In every store in various bottle sizes in my East Texas town.

Makes me laugh when I’m in Houston and I see “limit 1”, but I always see it in the North Houston stores I occasionally pop into. 

Pre-COVID my go to bourbons: 

Restaurants : Buffalo Trace 

Nice Bars: Elmer T Lee 

Planes: Woodford/Buffalo Trace/Wild Turkey 101

Dive bar : Shot of WT101 and a High Life 

Flask: Buffalo Trace, preferably a store pick

Open bar: Jack Daniels, preferably Gentleman Jack

Woodford ain’t bad if it’s all they have. Plenty of restaurants out there with laughable bars. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This guy fucks

Eight Row Flint in Houston had a $4 special back in the day. Shot of Turkey 101 and a High Life. 

Regrettably, they changed the special to a shot of Wild Turkey 81 and half size High Life. 

Regardless, any boilmaker is pretty good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Eight Row Flint in Houston had a $4 special back in the day. Shot of Turkey 101 and a High Life. 

Regrettably, they changed the special to a shot of Wild Turkey 81 and half size High Life. 

Regardless, any boilmaker is pretty good. 

3.75 at the goat in east dallas last time i went a few years ago. Weller treating me well tonight. I can't fuck with alot of you guys with bourbon prices. Miss Eagle Rare 

Remus Repeal Reserve 4 is tasty shit. 12 year old MGP. I need to go buy another bottle. 

Haven’t plucked a 4 yet but know I will. It pains me to pay over ~$60 when there’s so much available under that price point that is delicious, but the III was so good. II was great but III was another level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, H_Boogie said:

Haven’t plucked a 4 yet but know I will. It pains me to pay over ~$60 when there’s so much available under that price point that is delicious, but the III was so good. II was great but III was another level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they get better with each release 

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Is it 4RSiB store pick time of year? I just saw one on Blackwells. I’d rather not pay shipping and pick one up at Debs or OLC in Austin.

anyone know?

The Blackwells pick sold out in less than an hour. I’m about to throw in the towel on Four Roses picks. I’ve struck out many times this year.