Bourbon

Jimbaround

22 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

OF 150 is Batch 3 of 3. 

Old Fitz is the 9 year. 

MWND is Act 8 Scene 2. 75726333-8A90-4BDD-8578-FBCF816ACD63.thumb.jpeg.c15ae79afe5707b9c779902c48f36719.jpeg

Damn.  My Hancock’s, ECBP (C918, wtf) and MWND week is paling in comparison.  

I did find 5 each of WT Diamond Master’s Keep Decades in CO over the weekend but didn’t want to check another bag on the way home.  I need to spend a week with a suburban stripping that state clean. 

9 minutes ago, USCATX said:

Damn.  My Hancock’s, ECBP (C918, wtf) and MWND week is paling in comparison.  

I did find 5 each of WT Diamond Master’s Keep Decades in CO over the weekend but didn’t want to check another bag on the way home.  I need to spend a week with a suburban stripping that state clean. 

I heard MWND is pretty easy to find in Colorado. High West’s Distillery Only Picks have my attention too. 

I have so much good stuff to drink around Christmas, I usually only drink only bottle of MWND during the Holidays. Just need a bottle a year to keep it in stock. 

I heard MWND is pretty easy to find in Colorado. High West’s Distillery Only Picks have my attention too. 

I have so much good stuff to drink around Christmas, I usually only drink only bottle of MWND during the Holidays. Just need a bottle a year to keep it in stock. 
In the past it has been easy to find here. Haven't seen it yet this year.

4 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

I didn't want to tell him, but the pappy fountain is kept hush hush. Can't let the out of towners get in...

But yeah pretty much lottery or regulars only if not lottery. Same as king of Kentucky and basically every special release now. If by some grace of God they did put it on the shelf, you better already be in the store because it's gone in 2 minutes in nky. I'm talking even wsr and eht sb and regular shit like that are gone within 30 min when it gets posted to Facebook by a bourbon group.

Insanity nowadays

I’ve had some pretty good luck pulling into some liquor stores in KY that are off the beaten path. I stopped in one store near Madisonville last fall and picked up a GTS, Little Book, Blanton’s, EHT SB, a Michters 10, and a few others. They had them sitting on a shelf behind the counter so I went ahead and bought most of what they had. In recent trips they have usually had something of interest still.

16 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

I didn't want to tell him, but the pappy fountain is kept hush hush. Can't let the out of towners get in...

But yeah pretty much lottery or regulars only if not lottery. Same as king of Kentucky and basically every special release now. If by some grace of God they did put it on the shelf, you better already be in the store because it's gone in 2 minutes in nky. I'm talking even wsr and eht sb and regular shit like that are gone within 30 min when it gets posted to Facebook by a bourbon group.

Insanity nowadays

Well this fucking blows. But thanks for the info

I was at least hoping for a RHF or a W12. ugh

12 hours ago, Brew said:

I’ve had some pretty good luck pulling into some liquor stores in KY that are off the beaten path. I stopped in one store near Madisonville last fall and picked up a GTS, Little Book, Blanton’s, EHT SB, a Michters 10, and a few others. They had them sitting on a shelf behind the counter so I went ahead and bought most of what they had. In recent trips they have usually had something of interest still.

Definitely the best shot at something good by getting well off the beaten path. Can be some good finds if its delivery day. Tip of the damn cap to you if you got the GTS or Michters 10 anywhere close to retail just sitting on a shelf.

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Well this fucking blows. But thanks for the info

I was at least hoping for a RHF or a W12. ugh

It is definitely worth a shot to hit up little places out of the way like above. Just don't expect to roll into Louisville/Lexington/Bardstown/NKY etc and expect gold on the shelves. Although, coming from Texas you will definitely have a lot of "Kentucky only" things that you probably don't get down there to stock up on too at the big places like Liquor Barn or Total Wine. What part of Kentucky you heading to?

16 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'd hit the Heaven Hill Gift Shop if you can slip away for a couple hours. 

Definitely this, I had an awesome grab there a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Bowling Green. (Yeah I know, Don't ask) 

Lulz.

Actually a good part of Kentucky for bourbon hunting though. Mammoth Liquors is place that usually always has good store picks and not too far away. Otherwise hit up the small shops around where you are staying and you will definitely see a lot of things not in Texas, and may get lucky on some tater bait.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ISUCyclones said:
35 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:
nice little wednesday at the grocery store...
1460735395_IMG_0307(1).jpg.a037088ad407309ccecc14feb30ca26a.jpg

This is getting out of hand... Can I move out there and just live in your bourbon stash?

a few months ago i would've been fine with it, but there's not much room in there right now.

i also got the low down on the drama at the store, all centered around allocated bourbon, flipping, etc.  it's basically melrose place set in the liquor aisle.

bill hader what GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

@Yev Kassem what’s your best guess at day and time for Total Wine’s weekly drops? 

If you’d rather keep it private, please DM me. 

At least here in SA, they claim to get deliveries every day. One of the guys I chat up often is in one of the local Facebook groups I’m in and he says they don’t really know when the allocated stuff comes in.  He said that it’s up to the distributors as to what they send on the trucks.  He was telling me that they’ll know that sometime during the year they’ll get a big BT drop of stuff that includes ETL, Weller, etc. and it will just show up one day on the truck.  No rhyme or reason.

I’m sure people higher up the chain know what’s coming (and they either tip off the flippers or hold stuff back), 

Edited by Yev Kassem

1 minute ago, Yev Kassem said:

At least here in SA, they claim to get deliveries every day. One of the guys I chat up often is in one of the local Facebook groups I’m in and he says they don’t really know when the allocated stuff comes in.  He said that it’s up to the distributors as to what they send on the trucks.  He was telling me that they’ll know that sometime during the year they’ll get a big BT drop of stuff that includes ETL, Weller, etc. and it will just show up one day on the truck.  No rhyme or reason.

I’m sure people higher up the chain know what’s coming (and they either tip off the flippers or hold stuff back), 

Thanks. I think I've noticed a pattern, I was looking for some verification. 

• Like 1

honestly this is such a lonely situation. can’t even have friends over to booze with, nobody is taking ubers.  i am perfectly happy to share*.
*bourbon, not honey-holes. 

Sheeeeet... I would take two Lime’s up the hill, one on my back to use after the first one died so we could drink from across the pool...

Someone remind me which of the Sagamore Rye offerings I am supposed to like.

There are way too many for me to keep up with.

Double Oak is my personal favorite, but their rum cask is outstanding as is their single barrel.

If you tell me which you’re considering I’m happy to make further recommendations as I’ve tried everything they have on offer.