Bourbon

Jimbaround

If anyone is flying international from DFW tomorrow afternoon, they might be surprised By Looking At Nice Things On Nice Shelves in the duty free. $60, a little birdie allegedly told me...
Amazing what a nice bottle and topper will do for selling a product. You would think bt has to be catching up on production of that soon with all the expansions.

49 minutes ago, ISUCyclones said:
9 hours ago, SuperSport said:
If anyone is flying international from DFW tomorrow afternoon, they might be surprised By Looking At Nice Things On Nice Shelves in the duty free. $60, a little birdie allegedly told me...

Amazing what a nice bottle and topper will do for selling a product. You would think bt has to be catching up on production of that soon with all the expansions.

Not to go full Dale Gribble, but perceived Blanton's scarcity helps Buffalo Trace's brand. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not to go full Dale Gribble, but perceived Blanton's scarcity helps Buffalo Trace's brand. 

Perceived scarcity  !!!!?  So I shouldn't be hoarding 50 bottles of Blantons in my root cellar ??!  (and I still don't have all the damn letters !!!)

• Like 2

Sometimes I hate myself and love myself at the same time. I was already a fan of TW’s recent Woodinville pick, so picked one of those up on the way out today (had to put it under my arm since hands were full). My reason for going was to get a gift for a friend’s birthday, but ended up buying this bad boy after trying it at a friends earlier today and seeing it on the shelf. Happy belly rub.dc34c34d1a2932f2e9e81becd6719970.jpg

Recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Would the Surly 1 percenters politely explain the Smoke Wagon Desert Rose phenomenon? I've seen crazy trades and prices on Secondary Groups. It looks to be more valuable than BTAC. 

I do not know. But I do know I want it. 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, ISUCyclones said:
On 3/24/2021 at 10:44 PM, SuperSport said:

BT could just about bottle creek water, call it something catchy, and within a few months it would cost 5 times its msrp.

10 hours ago, Fud said:

Thoughts on these Thomas S Moore Cab/Chard/Port aged bottles?

I have the port finished and it lands solidly between Wild Turkey Revival and Angel’s Envy on sweetness and quality.  Worth picking up at MSRP if you’re the kind of guy who likes finished bourbons leaning toward the sweet side.  I’ve had worse finished bourbons over $100 so there’s that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:43 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Would the Surly 1 percenters politely explain the Smoke Wagon Desert Rose phenomenon? I've seen crazy trades and prices on Secondary Groups. It looks to be more valuable than BTAC. 

The SW picks and DJ blew up and it’s a little confusing to me.  My Spec’s 8 yr is $400 and I’ve seen 12s trade for ‘20 Stagg/Handy.  Not sure I get it and I love some MGP. 

10 hours ago, USCATX said:

The SW picks and DJ blew up and it’s a little confusing to me.  My Spec’s 8 yr is $400 and I’ve seen 12s trade for ‘20 Stagg/Handy.  Not sure I get it and I love some MGP. 

The Spec's single barrel pick is worth $400? Are you kidding me? 

When it comes to one per customer, always bring the wife. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Spec's single barrel pick is worth $400? Are you kidding me? 

When it comes to one per customer, always bring the wife. 

I need to unload mine for something I like better.  The one i have came in a series of trades when they were bringing low 200s.  MGP really hits its stride at 10-12, GTFO with the 8 year at 400.  

1 minute ago, USCATX said:

I need to unload mine for something I like better.  The one i have came in a series of trades when they were bringing low 200s.  MGP really hits its stride at 10-12, GTFO with the 8 year at 400.  

I'm probably months too late, but I put in my beg for a bottle of Desert Jewel. I don't expect it to net me anything, but I'm trying. 

Enjoying a nice pour of Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend (batch 24) and an Alec Bradley Project 40 Maduro to celebrate being called  back off of furlough after 11 months. 

This is a great cigar for under $6 a stick. Full of flavor that pairs well with a variety of higher proof pours. I highly recommend them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

Enjoying a nice pour of Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend (batch 24) and an Alec Bradley Project 40 Maduro to celebrate being called  back off of furlough after 11 months. 

This is a great cigar for under $6 a stick. Full of flavor that pairs well with a variety of higher proof pours. I highly recommend them. 

+1.  Don't want to derail or cross-pollinate too much with the cigar thread, that's the best value on a cigar I've come across in a long time.  Very well made. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

And you know what else goes really really well with a cigar?
Fucking chocolate milk.
Do it and thank me later.
a38f3061118466f0ed72b2ee5aab4303.jpg

I fully expected this to be you posting what else was on your patio after last night. 

Boys what a weekend... hell last two weeks. the local clubs up in DFW are killing it. I have likely bought nearly 20 bottles over the past couple of weeks. Need to set it up and take a pic. 

I blame this dude partly for my collection growing to around 100 bottles in not even a year. 

Oh and that's not chocolate milk.. that's the Nulu yoohoo pick isn't it. 

Edited by msudawg
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 5:05 PM, Neonmoon said:

Yes. Never had this experience before. Weird. My other bourbons smell normal so I don’t think I developed a tumor overnight. Just going to put it down the drain. Sucks. 

Old post but scrolling thru catching up on whats been discussed lately. If you never got told, your bottle was highly likely corked. I didn't know it happened in liquors until I got a bottle of a craft bourbon that smelled like wet carboard and funk.. taste was horrible. I knew of corked wine but it happens in liquor also, if their is a bad cork.. it will ruin the product. If it happens take it back to your retailer and ask they replace the bottle or refund. if they won't contact the producer. In my case, my bottle was replaced by the bourbon producer. I actually have shared the bad bottle with friends to smell so they can learn what to look out for. 

On 3/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, BigDHornfan said:

well for one, he thinks he is God's gift to bourbon and having a profile with his real name on FB wasn't enough, he had to go create one under the name of Josh Wellers.  and he is an admin of a very douchey sales group that routinely kicks out members if they are deemed to be not active enough.  

He has been banned from the 2 biggest whiskey groups here in DFW for just being an asshole.  He and some others happened upon a bunch of bottles of a really good Russell's Reserve pick about a year and half ago and got them for under retail, then they tater stickered them and waxed the tops and marked them up and sold them for over $150 a bottle claiming they were using the money for his "charity" that he started.  Several people have asked for the 501c paperwork but nothing has ever been presented.  Who knows if it's actually legit.  

This is just a bit of why he's a cockstain.

I will let Herbie add his 2 cents.

PM who it is? Wanna make If I have meet him. 

21 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’ve always heard cigars pair well with coffee. I need to try that once.

Back to the thread.

Johnny Cash apparently thought so

So what's the difference between JD SiB Rye and the Select one that comes in the box besides $11?