Bourbon

Jimbaround

10 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Well don’t go doing anything rash and pouring it down the drain.

Nah, just poured it last week for people who’d never had it.  But when that bottle is gone I’m buying something else instead.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I’ll drink to that. And the EW BiB might be the best $15 out there. I’m not saying I’m drinking it neat, but if I need a cocktail EW BiB > Jack/Crown/all the other nasty shit

During difficult times it was my daily drinker on the rocks. 

3 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I’ll drink to that. And the EW BiB might be the best $15 out there. I’m not saying I’m drinking it neat, but if I need a cocktail EW BiB > Jack/Crown/all the other nasty shit

Timely thread is timely.  Just picked up a bottle of EW BiB a few days ago when I saw it for just under $15.  Don't think you can do better for under $18 or so (which is the amount I typically see it priced at).

Hit up poison girl for the first time and tried a few pours that I’d never had before

I had Weller 12 ($12) and Old VW 10 ($30) back to back, and didn’t feel like there was much of a difference there. Similar pours, but VW was maybe 10% better 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Hit up poison girl for the first time and tried a few pours that I’d never had before

I had Weller 12 ($12) and Old VW 10 ($30) back to back, and didn’t feel like there was much of a difference there. Similar pours, but VW was maybe 10% better 

Yeah but that’s some of the best 10% in wheated bourbon. 

ORVW the last two Christmas Eves. It’s sublime. 

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

It’s a sad day when I get excited about landing an ER10 at retail. There was a time a few years ago I had over 20 in the bunker.

What’s next on the chopping block? 4 Roses SiB? The last victim was McKenna 10. 

My update Old Forester Power Rankings : 

1) Birthday (2020 and 2019 were awesome) 

2) Old Forester SiB Barrel Strength 

3) 1870 

4) 1897 

5) Old Forester 100

6) 1910

7) 1920 

8.) Rye 

I wanted to move OF100 up. It's so cheap and so good. 1897 opens up really well, but I still like 1870 by a hair. I need to open my bottle of Old Forester 150 Batch 3. 

I fully acknowledge I have no shot of ever getting a bottle of 117. 

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm a yes on Confiscated. Not a great price, but I'm skeptical on people finding it for sub $90. If you've never had their stuff, I'd recommend it. With Dedman leaving I expect Kentucky Owl to go downhill in a hurry. 

That's the MSRP price I guess. Va has to sell at those MSRP prices. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

3) 1870 

4) 1897 

5) Old Forester 100

6) 1910

7) 1920 

8.) Rye 

I wanted to move OF100 up. It's so cheap and so good. 1897 opens up really well, but I still like 1870 by a hair. I need to open my bottle of Old Forester 150 Batch 3. 

OF100 above 1910 and 1920? 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

3) 1870 

4) 1897 

5) Old Forester 100

6) 1910

7) 1920 

8.) Rye 

I like 1910 better than either 1870 or 1920.  I guess I need to try the 1897 and the 100.

The rye is actually pretty respectable for its price.

OFBB . . . someday.

• Like 1

BigDickheadhornfan is correct, I fuckin love me some RR SiB picks. The 10 year is hot nasty garbage and the regular SiB is unremarkable. Never been able to get on the Turkey train other than that until this Kentucky Spirit.

Rare Breed is ok, same for the rye. Longbranch is swill. The Japanese release 13 year was bleh.

But that’s enough Turkey talk. Let’s talk taterrific goodness that came in the mail yesterday.

9df1dfe4b7123e4ea2d9e0c1eec2ffcf.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

BigDickheadhornfan is correct, I fuckin love me some RR SiB picks. The 10 year is hot nasty garbage and the regular SiB is unremarkable. Never been able to get on the Turkey train other than that until this Kentucky Spirit.

Rare Breed is ok, same for the rye. Longbranch is swill. The Japanese release 13 year was bleh.

But that’s enough Turkey talk. Let’s talk taterrific goodness that came in the mail yesterday.

9df1dfe4b7123e4ea2d9e0c1eec2ffcf.jpg

Herbie Hancocklover neglected to inform me he was ordering some gold.
This transgression will not go unanswered.
  • Like 2