Bourbon

Jimbaround

15 hours ago, otisdog said:

I pulled into a little Nevada meat market / deli to get a sandwich,  and found 2 bottles of 4 grain. I took the sandwich and 1 of the bottles to the counter, and the guy told me to go back and get the other one too. Out the door for $135 or so. Never had bought EHt before, now it's a favorite.

you fucker

• Like 1

18 hours ago, otisdog said:

I pulled into a little Nevada meat market / deli to get a sandwich,  and found 2 bottles of 4 grain. I took the sandwich and 1 of the bottles to the counter, and the guy told me to go back and get the other one too. Out the door for $135 or so. Never had bought EHt before, now it's a favorite.

What year was this? 

On 5/23/2021 at 10:04 AM, USCATX said:

I don’t understand $300 ETL at all for drinking purposes.  If you just need one for your tater shelf I guess I understand playing a FB for it, but otherwise it just makes no sense. 

when your inside dude at the grocery store texts you with an elmer.  $39.99 but i had to drive to the valley and get the wife a bunch of actual groceries.

image.thumb.jpeg.05e50468c894ca8b938a0b8c733dd210.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Finally got the trade done and the Grandma’s Closet OWO is now the new king of my wheated hype shelf. Everything gets opened around here eventually but I might have to stare at this one for a bit.  
7200A579-BF55-4B6F-A632-2AE777CEED38.thumb.jpeg.a8113d50afbc5c9455ed3b2f488f3750.jpeg

Haha good meeting you. The estate sale looms later this summer, but I’ll be back up there once more in a few weeks. You can bet I’ll be checking every last nook and cranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, H_Boogie said:

Haha good meeting you. The estate sale looms later this summer, but I’ll be back up there once more in a few weeks. You can bet I’ll be checking every last nook and cranny.

You crack any of those bottles at Kalahari?

You crack any of those bottles at Kalahari?

Ha, didn’t have the travel glen and didn’t think the individually wrapped hotel coffee cups were worthy. Probably happening this evening at some friends that we’re staying with.

The wives were on FaceTime with a friend whose husband works in the business I guess and has traveled with some stores in the area for barrel picks. The wives were making fun of me for my black market bourbon dealings outside of a children’s resort. When she rattled off the bottles I ended up with, you could hear him utter from the background that it was a good haul. She they asked what I traded, his interest level changed noticeably. Lol “Wait, what? That’s definitely a once in a lifetime unicorn.”
-Yeah I found two of them.
“Wait, what? What’d you do with the other one.”
[Wife flips camera around to the dog]

20 hours ago, Fud said:

Any houston guys know of a place where you can buy Blanton’s off the shelf, event if it’s secondary type of priced?

Doesn't help you, but my search similarly got frustrating long ago, so CSB material:

Got one today in Amarillo.  My regular store asked me if I wanted anything special today.  Said he had a Blanton's someone ordered and didn't pick up for $61  and a Michter's Rye for $46, among some other odds and ends.  I grabbed both of those bottles, and looking forward to trying them.

Edited by slorch

11 hours ago, stork642 said:

Well RC12 is fantastic.  I’ll be getting another one soon.  

It’s tough to beat for 12 year MGP chilling on the shelf.  Although it’s gone within the day in Austin so that’s not even really accurate. 

Found a bottle of scotch my grandfather had carefully concealed in his closet when we were cleaning out their  house after he died.  I had never heard of it and it had probably been there for decades.  My grandma apparently had an anti-booze phase in the 70’s.  We did what any red-blooded Americans would do on such an occasion, grabbed 4 glasses and drank up.  It sucked.

On 5/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, Fud said:

Have a co-worker driving to Louisville to do the bourbon trail. Hoping that he'll land some goodies that I don't see around here that I can buy off of him

he wont.  the shopping is no better in kentucky than other states.   his best bet is going to buffalo trace every day he's there.  they put out blantons but it's one per customer per day.

On 5/27/2021 at 4:23 PM, Fud said:

Any houston guys know of a place where you can buy Blanton’s off the shelf, event if it’s secondary type of priced?

If you dont care about paying out the ass you can always check out Sunnys on West Alabama.

But prepare your anus.

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

he wont.  the shopping is no better in kentucky than other states.   his best bet is going to buffalo trace every day he's there.  they put out blantons but it's one per customer per day.

Got a Willett 4 year out of it 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, huge said:

If you dont care about paying out the ass you can always check out Sunnys on West Alabama.

But prepare your anus.

I'll occasionally go in there and give the owner shit for some of his prices. I think he had a bottle of Rittenhouse for like $79. 

• Haha 1