Bourbon

Jimbaround

Alright, guys, need a favor. I just picked up a bottle of this at total wine. I see it listed between 60 bucks and 1k online. I assume price is determined by year, etc, but there’s not a handy chart for that anywhere, at least not that 5 minutes of googling told me. 

IMG_2857.thumb.jpeg.84ee9701ba2992673a99f1603529b85e.jpeg

Need pic of the laser code to determine what year. At TW it’s most likely 2023 release which is $450-ish value secondary. If you like whiskey like I do, I would keep it and enjoy it as that’s one of the better ones available. If you need the scratch or want to trade it for something else I would value it at $450 and go from there

13 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Need pic of the laser code to determine what year. At TW it’s most likely 2023 release which is $450-ish value secondary. If you like whiskey like I do, I would keep it and enjoy it as that’s one of the better ones available. If you need the scratch or want to trade it for something else I would value it at $450 and go from there

Thanks dude! Yeah I’m not looking to sell, just curious of value. Imma let it sit. I also got it at TW, sorry I didn’t load up on more now!

They had that on the shelf with no limit?

This seems curious.

I mean, it’s Sydney. Good chance he gave somebody a ZJ while the store manager and his pet chihuahua watched while seated pantsless in a folding chair on the loading dock.

For the record I’d probably do the same, but I hate little yappy dogs so they’d have to throw in a EW BiB to seal the deal.

3 minutes ago, huge said:

They had that on the shelf with no limit?

This seems curious.

No, I got an email to pre order for being such a loyal customer, but there was no limit I saw there. Most of the stuff was 150-300 but this was 70 and I like Weller and wheated bourbon in general. So I grabbed one. Should have grabbed 3. 

2 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I mean, it’s Sydney. Good chance he gave somebody a ZJ while the store manager and his pet chihuahua watched while seated pantsless in a folding chair on the loading dock.

For the record I’d probably do the same, but I hate little yappy dogs so they’d have to throw in a EW BiB to seal the deal.

1) what’s a ZJ?

2) you think I’m giving any favors for a bourbon that I don’t n own it’s worth? Come on man. 

On 4/11/2024 at 2:52 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

The Longhorn Steakhouse pick of Knob Creek 9 Year, 100 proof is pretty tasty. 

Now see, this is a good post on this thread. Somebody with known good taste says a widely available mainline blend in the aging sweet spot is good. Thank you Bill. I will go to Longhorn Steakhouse tomorrow for a lunchtime sirloin and a pour of this. 

We need more posts like this and less promotion of “Old Product Manager’s mid-year special reserve margin plug single barrel 14.”

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Now see, this is a good post on this thread. Somebody with known good taste says a widely available mainline blend in the aging sweet spot is good. Thank you Bill. I will go to Longhorn Steakhouse tomorrow for a lunchtime sirloin and a pour of this. 

We need more posts like this and less promotion of “Old Product Manager’s mid-year special reserve margin plug single barrel 14.”

Longhorn is underrated. Some of the biggest lollipop lamb chops I’ve seen for $26.

IMG_1831.thumb.jpeg.b4a262ee8cc366a0d76998b1b8b209e6.jpeg

Rest in Power Longhorn Steakhouse KC 14 year picks.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I have obliterated my bottom shelf. I can get more Sazerac picks, but BT picks will be tricky. 

Anything more interesting than Early Times and the Benchmark lineup for under $40? 

edit: Probably just going to go to Roma and load up on picks. I believe the owner allows you to sample any pick before you buy it. I hope I run into some old Discovery 11.

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I have obliterated my bottom shelf. I can get more Sazerac picks, but BT picks will be tricky. 

Anything more interesting than Early Times and the Benchmark lineup for under $40? 

At Total Wine, “McFarlane’s Reserve” is actually pretty good at that price. ($39.99)

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Samples a Stellum in store yesterday and was very surprised at how good it was. Grabbed a bottle. Haven’t opened it yet to see if it was as good as the one in store yet tho. I don’t know anything about them. 

20 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Alright, guys, need a favor. I just picked up a bottle of this at total wine. I see it listed between 60 bucks and 1k online. I assume price is determined by year, etc, but there’s not a handy chart for that anywhere, at least not that 5 minutes of googling told me. 

IMG_2857.thumb.jpeg.84ee9701ba2992673a99f1603529b85e.jpeg

I was surprised how much I like this bottle and it has become one of my favorites.

• Hook 'Em 1